Poops a lot

Rose:)

So I was just curious about whether or not it is good for a chameleon to poop a lot. My chameleon poops almost every day or every other day. His poop always looks normal, a little watery after hornworms. Recently it did get bigger and I was wondering if thats just because he is getting bigger because he is shedding. He eats about 10 of anything I have which is usually roaches and crickets and this is everyday. I have given him 1 hornworm for 2 days in the place of 2 roaches. This was a recent poop. The urate also looks bigger. Should I feed him less?
5F3D2917-FBA9-4ED6-B2E6-68849205E782.jpeg

So I was just curious about whether or not it is good for a chameleon to poop a lot.
I'd say that depends on how much he's eating.

Recently it did get bigger and I was wondering if that's just because he is getting bigger
That makes sense to me.

Should I feed him less?
That depends on whether he's done growing, and/or if he's overweight. Are you monitoring his weight as he grows?

He can't poop more than he's eating unless he's ill and losing weight. He should be pooping whatever he eats minus whatever portion of that he's turning into more chameleon.
Food - (new growth + maintenance) = 💩.

Once he's done growing (or if he's overweight) is the time to begin cutting him back, IMO.

I'd say that depends on how much he's eating.

That makes sense to me.

That depends on whether he's done growing, and/or if he's overweight. Are you monitoring his weight as he grows?

He can't poop more than he's eating unless he's ill and losing weight. He should be pooping whatever he eats minus whatever portion of that he's turning into more chameleon.
Food - (new growth + maintenance) = 💩.

Once he's done growing (or if he's overweight) is the time to begin cutting him back, IMO.
Ok thank you! He doesn’t seem overweight so I will keep feeding him the same amount. He also is younger so he’s definitely not done growing. He eats a lot and he also eats his plants so it makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom