Pooped in the feeder cup

Chameleonaire87

Welp...I have to say this is a first haha.
After feeding her this morning she enjoyed hanging out around the rim of her feeding cup. An hour later I come back and find a beautiful surprise for me to clean inside her feeder cup hah...thought I would share.

That's very interesting! Mine poops in a little bucket right beside his free range. I WAS using the bucket to put under the drain when I emptied the big bucket of water. Everyday now for over two weeks. He's only missed once. And that's pretty good considering he's about four feet above the bucket on a little vine!

Most reptiles defecate in food dishes to attract more food is all I could think of when I noticed them doing that. Feces usually attracts bugs.

my chams generally go to the bathroom in the same spot when they go, try moving your cup. :)
or keep the cup there so the rest of the cage isnt bad just make sure you THOROUGHLY wash the cup before using it again :)

Mine has done this almost every time. I think that they are cleaner animals than we think. I make sure to clean the cup out with hot water and soap. EVERY TIME!!!

I've noticed, with almost all my chams, that they poop in the same spot in the cage - on the same limb, or leaf or whatever. I wonder if it is, like someone mentioned, an attempt to attract food...or if they are more intelligent than we give them credit for and they have made a leaf or limb or cup into a bathroom. lol.

Chameleons ARE way more intelligent than you may think. I got my guy to curl his lips, call to me and kiss me, just for starters. And I know for a fact, that he has feelings and understands my feelings. We've had "discussions, " very clearly. I spoke to a chameleon on exhibit at the Academy of Science and he came down the branch to my face for a kiss. I just spoke to him in the vibrations I used on my veiled and it was like he knew me. I went back a month later and did it again. I saw in his eyes, he remembered me. He came right to me.
AND, all my guys have a "place" where they consistantly drop their "load." . My Jackson drops his behind all his cage works where he thinks no one will see it there in the darkest corner. He has to get into position to do it, so it is extremely intentional.

i read this earlier today and though "wow.. thats weird, cant imagine darwin (my ambilobe) ever doing that"

well. today..he did that. i couldnt not mention it on this thread. he was probably reading my mind today and thought "dude. i will totally poop in my feeder cup! just watch me!"

Back
Top Bottom