Poop

Koilover512

How often should your cham poop? Leroy hasnt pooped in a week and that concerns me. So I am just wondering if this normal........ I know this is a weird question but yea....... o_O

My adult male has the same issue. Try hornworms to get things moving. My male has gone a couple of weeks without pooping before. He also has a problem pooping in his cage so I usually take him out and put him in a large ficus to get him to go.

I am thinking it could have something to do with moving him to a new terrarium. He was switched to his new home earlier this week.

My adult male has the same issue. Try hornworms to get things moving. My male has gone a couple of weeks without pooping before. He also has a problem pooping in his cage so I usually take him out and put him in a large ficus to get him to go.

I was JUST wondering this myself. My cham hadn't pooped in 10 days about 6 weeks back and at the suggestion of a forum member I gave him a nice warm shower and in less than 5 mins. BOOM - I had one large cham crap.

Ever since then Samson has not pooped in his cage and it concerns me slightly. Yet I can now get him to poop by just putting him in the bathroom with the shower running so it's a little warmer and more humid in there, so I am wondering if it's more of a habit or some actual issue growing internally. I been looking and looking in my spare time and I haven't found much on chameleons poo removal parts. If I do I'll post it here and see if this is normal or actually a problem.

Did he have any problem eating after moving to a new cage? The move could have something to do with it. I would make sure he is getting plenty of water just to be sure he is not dehydrated. A week is not too bad for an adult but keep a close eye on him. I have heard that putting him in a luke warm shallow bath can get him to go as well if he holds out much longer.

He hasnt had an issue eating. I have already fed him a couple of times and he is doing fine. I have tried giving him a shower before and he hates it. He freaks out. Its kind of sad :(

I was JUST wondering this myself. My cham hadn't pooped in 10 days about 6 weeks back and at the suggestion of a forum member I gave him a nice warm shower and in less than 5 mins. BOOM - I had one large cham crap.

Ever since then Samson has not pooped in his cage and it concerns me slightly. Yet I can now get him to poop by just putting him in the bathroom with the shower running so it's a little warmer and more humid in there, so I am wondering if it's more of a habit or some actual issue growing internally. I been looking and looking in my spare time and I haven't found much on chameleons poo removal parts. If I do I'll post it here and see if this is normal or actually a problem.

During the summer I have to put my male, Ziggy, outside on one of the trees to get him to go. Since it is too cold to do this, I have also started putting him in a tree in the shower. I have found that just handling him outside his cage and getting him to move hand to hand will also trigger him to go. He is much more likely to go while crawling on me than in his cage.

I think I will give him until the end of today. If he doesnt go then I will try to find somthing that could help him.

Thats too bad your cham hates the shower. Mine turns some pretty colors I don't see at other times, very bright with dark bars. :) but I know what you mean, once mines had enough he reaches for the sky trying to catch anything he can to climb on out of the shower, I offer my hand and he walks right up on top of my head.

I am curious with the psychology behind such particular poops. I read most poop in waterfalls, mine poops on command in the bathroom, yours needs his outside tree. I am sure there are other querky bathroom rituals for these lil beasts but wth?! Say you had a cham who decided he only wanted to poop in the shower but you don't shower him for a month (unaware of his new position on poops) would he eventually crap? Mine didn't and I pushed it no more than 10 days knowingly in an attempt to "break" him. Would he not crap and die because of stubbornness? Is it even an emotion like stubbornness or something more....instinctual.

I never would have though I would be so curious about some poop and the manner it was produced before.

Feldman once went 8 days without defecating and he was eating fine. I was starting to get a bit concerned when he left me several very large presents on the cage floor. I had just weighed him an hour earlier. I weighed him again and he was now 5 grams lighter, 128g down to 123g!

My panther didn't care much for the shower the first time I put him in there, but since he had some dehydration issues he didn't have a choice. After a few minutes he settled in and drank. Now when he gets a shower after a few seconds he heads straight for the top of the plant.

Back
Top Bottom