Poop with weird green color

Mr Minty

Hello! I recently got a Piebald Chameleon (on Monday 28th) and he didn’t eat anything for the first two days, which I think it’s pretty normal, and pooped with no urates the first time on Wednesday, I thought I would ask for some help if it happened a second time, but it didn’t happen. Minty got his first crickets this Thursday, he ate 9 and he also got some greens. Today I noticed some weird looking poop, it had some green color on it and I was wondering if this is normal?? Today he ate 14 crickets and I noticed he likes to chew the moss from the Galapagos mossy vines. I’m not really sure if the moss adhered to his poop after he pooped because when I checked his cage I saw the poop already with the green thingy. I just want to make sure if this could be a sign of parasites or something I should be aware of. I’m new to chameleons but I’m doing my best and I’ve also done a lot of research! And I’ve also watched most of Neptune The chameleon videos haha :)

Also this information might help so I’m adding it. I’ve watched him drinking water so I think he’s hydrated, I spray his enclosure 3 times a day and he also has a dripper!

Attachments

• 373160DE-2E4E-47A1-8951-0D5F2CCFB4A2.jpeg
    373160DE-2E4E-47A1-8951-0D5F2CCFB4A2.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 96
Hi. I’m thinking the green is from the moss. Get rid of the mossy vines asap. He’s lucky to have been able to pass what he ate of them, but may not be so lucky in the future. If you have any artificial plants, remove those too and replace with safe washed live ones.

Also, no need to feed him greens. Some may contain oxalates which will bind to calcium and therefore, reduce his available calcium in his body. He’ll nibble his plants and that’s ok. All you need to give him is yummy live bugs. :)

Hi. I’m thinking the green is from the moss. Get rid of the mossy vines asap. He’s lucky to have been able to pass what he ate of them, but may not be so lucky in the future. If you have any artificial plants, remove those too and replace with safe washed live ones.
Hi. Thank you. I did see a video before buying the mossy vines, and since it’s
Hi. Thank you, I did see a video before buying them, and I bought them because the person said that it’s okay for the chameleons to eat the moss because it’s not artificial. But I’ll get rid of them, I don’t want him eating anything unsafe :( Do you recommend any vines??

Also, no need to feed him greens. Some may contain oxalates which will bind to calcium and therefore, reduce his available calcium in his body. He’ll nibble his plants and that’s ok. All you need to give him is yummy live bugs. :)
Got it. Then should I feed the greens to my crickets to gutload them? I have mustard greens and collard greens :)

Hi. Thank you. I did see a video before buying the mossy vines, and since it’s

Hi. Thank you, I did see a video before buying them, and I bought them because the person said that it’s okay for the chameleons to eat the moss because it’s not artificial. But I’ll get rid of them, I don’t want him eating anything unsafe :( Do you recommend any vines??
I’ve always liked Fluker’s vines. The Exo Terra black ones can shed tiny particles that a shedding chameleon rubbing it’s itchy face on can get into their eyes. You can also use natural branches collected from outside. Just avoid pine and other sappy trees. Give a little scrub with dish soap, rinse very well and let dry in the sun and they’re good to go. I even leave whatever lichen is still present after my scrub.

I’ve always liked Fluker’s vines. The Exo Terra black ones can shed tiny particles that a shedding chameleon rubbing it’s itchy face on can get into their eyes. You can also use natural branches collected from outside. Just avoid pine and other sappy trees. Give a little scrub with dish soap, rinse very well and let dry in the sun and they’re good to go. I even leave whatever lichen is still present after my scrub.
Update: I got rid of the mossy vines and his poop is looking so much better :) thank you all for your help

Attachments

• 245285F8-127E-4263-89D5-6CE7A704FF37.jpeg
    245285F8-127E-4263-89D5-6CE7A704FF37.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom