Poop Spot, anyone else?

dinomom

Chameleon Enthusiast
Anyone else's cham have a very specific spot for going potty? Any time I can't find Dino I can look down to the very lowest branch, it is sort of in the open (was placed to allow him to climb all the way to the bottom if he wanted). He always I mean 100% of the time goes here to potty. Luckily for me, this means it is not sliding down plants or anything, and it is an open and easy to remove spot. I wanted to take a pic of him there this AM but it was obvious I was disturbing his mojo and I did not want to interrupt.

Maybe instinctively he is trying not to soil his living area? Any other ideas? He does go to a great deal of trouble to do this as he never travels more than halfway down the height of the cage for any other reason.

My youngest lat does this right on his big bushy plant instead of the soil with springtails it’s almost as annoying as when a gecko poops on the glass instead of the floor

Dropzone confirmed......

what.jpg

LOL that is so cute! I wish mine did this. Neither of the chams I rescued seem to do this at all, and the one I had previously did not. I DO have a beardie that will not poop on her furniture, lol. But no chams that do that :(. I have veileds, too :).

Okay, so I was mistaken. This is the second day Bambi (my veiled) has pooped in her food bowl after eating her feeders out of it, lol. I clean it well of course, and it's tupperware plastic! But hopefully she continues this. I could just replace it with another one after she eats her feeders. You might try the container idea, @dinomom considering my experience with Bambi so far!

Back
Top Bottom