Poop or prolapsed hemipene?

I’ve noticed yesterday that my chameleon has this sticking out of his butt. I thought it was poop at first so I have been spraying his butt to help him shift it, but after reading other posts on the forum I am worried it is a prolapsed hemipene (as he is in heat atm/humping everything). I keep spraying him to help him, I have tried to put his lower half in a bowl of Luke warm to soak... however he will not stay still and will put his feet on either side of the bowl when I’m lowering him down lol. If it is not sorted by tomorrow, a vet visit is necessary. But what does it look like it could be and what can I do?

Attachments

• 37CC278E-616C-4240-857B-56A123A6E9B2.jpeg
    37CC278E-616C-4240-857B-56A123A6E9B2.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 162
Update: he’s just pooped, it looked fairly normal. But his butt is still poking out. My vet is closed until Tuesday, I can’t even phone until then :/

Hello, how is he? Did you ever remove it. What was it. Is he well? I hope you both are well. ♡

Hello, how is he? Did you ever remove it. What was it. Is he well? I hope you both are well. ♡
Thanks for asking! I took him to the vet and it was sperm plugs that were stuck from humping so much 🙄🤣 He had to have them squeezed out which he wasn’t happy about, flushed out with iodine and then given some anti-inflammatory medicine. He was also slightly dehydrated so he had an injection to boost his hydration. He was fine for a week then had a stuck shed on the end of his tail, but with some cream the vet gave me it was back to normal in no time 😄 So after all the stress and worry he loves to cause me, we are both fine haha. He has been his normal cheeky self since, but still tries to hump everything! 😩🤣

Thanks for asking! I took him to the vet and it was sperm plugs that were stuck from humping so much 🙄🤣 He had to have them squeezed out which he wasn’t happy about, flushed out with iodine and then given some anti-inflammatory medicine. He was also slightly dehydrated so he had an injection to boost his hydration. He was fine for a week then had a stuck shed on the end of his tail, but with some cream the vet gave me it was back to normal in no time 😄 So after all the stress and worry he loves to cause me, we are both fine haha. He has been his normal cheeky self since, but still tries to hump everything! 😩🤣
Yaaaaay. So glad to hear! Thanks for the update. O boy not ready for mine to be all grown yet. I am so glad he's okay! I'm glad you both can relax now hahaha ♡ thanks again! Have a wonderful day.

Back
Top Bottom