Poop maybe

Juliecakes

Hey guys I just got my chameleon yesterday he hasn’t eaten but I have offered him food. I found this on a leaf and I’m not sure if it’s poop or what if anyone can help me out that would be great it looks like it could be poop but all the photos I’ve seen this looks a little off

Attachments

• 8F54D794-9471-4DA2-9259-943769753F27.jpeg
    8F54D794-9471-4DA2-9259-943769753F27.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 96
No it’s all like a whiteish he got here yesterday he’s been drinking water and The humidity in his enclosure is good

He’s been hiding and I’m still working on his home some stuff has been delayed due to shipping but I think I have everything I need but suggestions are always welcome some plants need to make their own way up so it doesn’t look so bare

Attachments

• F57F7952-29BA-420A-9A9D-B98B3664EE27.png
    F57F7952-29BA-420A-9A9D-B98B3664EE27.png
    598.7 KB · Views: 110
  • BD28E58F-637E-4E5C-93B1-B1E67BE174BC.jpeg
    BD28E58F-637E-4E5C-93B1-B1E67BE174BC.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 101
Thank you I can’t wait for him to adjust to his new home so he can start coming out more instead of hiding I feel like I lose him all the time

Thank you I can’t wait for him to adjust to his new home so he can start coming out more instead of hiding I feel like I lose him all the time
it could take a few weeks for he settled in. You might want to look at putting more plants I there. More foliage to hide in.

I have a lot of plants at home I’m just washing them before I set them up I didn’t want to stress him out more by going in there and messing around our apartment is a small jungle so I’m using some plants I already have that are on the safe lists

He’s been hiding and I’m still working on his home some stuff has been delayed due to shipping but I think I have everything I need but suggestions are always welcome some plants need to make their own way up so it doesn’t look so bare
Hi hun and welcome to the forum. I would pull the ladder at the top. Their nails can get caught in the string part. I would add more branches before worrying about more plants. He is an older boy and will need them as pathways or he will screen climb and you risk falling with that. As far as the fecal... I would take that in still to be tested to ensure he does not have any parasites. Just because it looks normal does not mean it is a healthy fecal.

I’m currently working on getting him an appointment at the exotic vet but because I live in the hotspot of the virus I’m a little worried about heading out with so many people still on public transportation I’m working on adding more things for him to climb on but all the deliveries are delayed and he started shedding today so I didn’t want to stress him out more then I have to thanks for the info on the ladder I will take it out I appreciate the help I want to provide the best I can for him

I’m currently working on getting him an appointment at the exotic vet but because I live in the hotspot of the virus I’m a little worried about heading out with so many people still on public transportation I’m working on adding more things for him to climb on but all the deliveries are delayed and he started shedding today so I didn’t want to stress him out more then I have to thanks for the info on the ladder I will take it out I appreciate the help I want to provide the best I can for him
Where did you get him from?

I got him from a strohls herptiles it’s a small breeder
I would call them and just ask if they happen to do fecals before rehoming them. Some do but some do not. Honestly unless you see a decline in eating or mucos in the stool I would not stress getting him a fecal or taking him to the vet until everything calms down with Covid. Especially since you live in a hotspot and have to take public transportation. Not worth the risk if he is not having health issues.

Is this your fist Chameleon?

Yeah this is my chameleon I have other pets and work at small holistic pet supply store but unfortunately since I have to travel for work I opted of working till everything cools down its too much of a risk I will ask his breeder Thank you for all the info I have ordered a lot of things for his home but everything is delayed and coming in a few weeks so for the time being I might just have to go out and get some more branches for him the local pet supply store near doesn’t have any

Back
Top Bottom