Poop issues

BugDusty

My Panther Cham has had what looks like a blockage in his butt (see pix) I have found some quite recent poops in his enclosure. Looks maybe a couple days old. So can’t work out if he’s constipated or not. Haven’t seen him eat much recently but I think he is as good is disappearing. Heard different comments about whether to bath him. Don’t want to stress him out for no reason… any thoughts?
IMG_5850.jpeg

No bathing him it will cause a ton of stress. I would get him into a reptile vet asap. You need to make sure that is not a prolapse starting or an issue of impacted sperm plugs.

Get some regular KY jelly. The plain no additive just lube. And take a qtip and put it all over the area. You need it to moisten back up reguardless of what it may be.

Hi, I took your advice and he pooped fine the next day. And everything seemed better. though he was a little dehydrated (might be the change in weather?) so I’ve been giving him more water sprays and drips. This morning though I arrived to a horror scene (drips of blood on leaves and a bloody poo and what might be a sperm plug ? I don’t know. He’s around 7 or 8 months old.
I’m going to take him to the vet for sure , but wondering what’s happened. Quite scary. He’s not currently bleeding but looks awful 😞

Attachments

• IMG_1702.jpeg
    IMG_1702.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1703.jpeg
    IMG_1703.jpeg
    234.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1704.jpeg
    IMG_1704.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 47
Hi, I took your advice and he pooped fine the next day. And everything seemed better. though he was a little dehydrated (might be the change in weather?) so I’ve been giving him more water sprays and drips. This morning though I arrived to a horror scene (drips of blood on leaves and a bloody poo and what might be a sperm plug ? I don’t know. He’s around 7 or 8 months old.
I’m going to take him to the vet for sure , but wondering what’s happened. Quite scary. He’s not currently bleeding but looks awful 😞
My concern would be that it was a partial prolapse. I am not seeing any sperm plugs in that. Or could have been that he was backed up as well and the dried fecal irritated his vent when he finally was able to push it out. If it caused any slight tears they would bleed. The blood is extremely concerning though. So seeing a good reptile vet will be important. Show them the before and after pics.

Back
Top Bottom