Poop help

Jamire

Ambanja Consitpation Help!

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Ambanja/Ambilobe cross. Male. 16 months. been in my care 12 months.

Handling - Everyday/otherday

Feeding - Hornworms, silks, supers are most fed equally. Grasshoppers in the summer. Horns and silks I feed silk chow, and feed 1-2 everyday I have them in stock. Supers I gut load with Cricket care and carrots/apples. Grasshoppers are fresh from the fields w/ field grasses and clovers. He generally has a low appetite. Only eating 1-2 bugs regardless of size. per day. Maybe every other day if he is stubborn. I feed at 7am weekdays and don't see him till lights out. but can feed him during the day on weekends. He wont eat crix.

Supplements - Supers/grasshoppers the onlything I dust. Repashy no/D everyday. Repashy lo/D and Miner-All once a week every other week rotating.

Watering - 2x nozzles Mist king 8 cycles at 1-1.5 min. Hand misting n mornings and feeding time. (I squirt his mouth a little while he chews)
I have only seen him drink 2-3 times my entire time having him.

Fecal Description - Lately not normal. Thick poop, dense urates slightly orange.

History - HE has never been a big eater or active drinker.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Free range. 10' vertical, 12' wide, 4' deep.

Lighting - Arcadia 12%. one 24" and one 48". Also 5000k 48" grow light. 75w heat bulb. lights on 6:45 lights out 7:15

Temperature - Highest/closest basking point 100F, main basking area 93F. 18" down @ 85F, bottom/ambient room 74F. Night 72F. Digital probe thermometer.

Humidity - From 8 am-2pm its 50%-100% via misting and humidifier. from 2 pm-6pm it settles to ambient 25% and during night it should be 0%

Plants - 3x hanging pothos. 3x schefflera potted. 1x majestic palm.

Placement - The enclosure is my room

Location - Winnipeg, Canada

Current Problem - The past month he has slowed his bowel movements to once every 5 days and sometimes as long as 10 days. When it comes it is large and overdue, slightly orange and dense urates.

Activities I have tried already: Warm showers, more softbodied feeders, veggie oil on a worm, water with feeding.

Attachments

• poop.jpg
    poop.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 112
  • jamire3.jpg
    jamire3.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 144
  • room.jpg
    room.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 110
I know my guy had this problem a while back. Didn't go for a week or more and it came out like yours did. I see that you are in Canada, which I would assume is cold this time of year. It could very well be that the cold maybe slowing everything down and his body isn't working as fast as it would during warmer months. Just speculation.

I know my guy had this problem a while back. Didn't go for a week or more and it came out like yours did. I see that you are in Canada, which I would assume is cold this time of year. It could very well be that the cold maybe slowing everything down and his body isn't working as fast as it would during warmer months. Just speculation.

Okay, good to know its not super abnormal. It could be the winter getting to him, his room temps are fairly ideal, and no drafts in the room. But, it could be more of a mood thing than a temperature thing. He stares out at the snowy landscape when he is by the window when the sun gets in it.

Thanks for the comment, any help is appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom