Poop check Parsons

I would just make certain your Calumma parsonii parsonii is drinking enough water first. Health problems with a hydrated chameleons go a lot more positively I have found. If you are concerned about the fecal/poop I would take a sample and have a vet examine it and make an evaluation. Your sample did not look bad. However if the problem persists a vet is something to consider.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Ive never seen my guy drink except one time I think he was drinking but not sure. He runs from the mist when it comes on. I don’t know how you all don’t overflow your drainage with 4 or 5 mist heads! ThTs a lot of water! I only have one mist head. I wouldn’t worry too much about finding 2 poops with no irate or very little irate. Like I said it’s probably stuck some where. Just keep track of the poops for awhile and see if they start having better rates.

I would just make certain your Calumma parsonii parsonii is drinking enough water first. Health problems with a hydrated chameleons go a lot more positively I have found. If you are concerned about the fecal/poop I would take a sample and have a vet examine it and make an evaluation. Your sample did not look bad. However if the problem persists a vet is something to consider.

Best Regards
Jeremy A.
Thank you very much yes very aware of hydration i’m sure that’s not the problem is she’s well hydrated with fogger misting system at regular intervals . I will definitely consider a vet visit if it happens a third time

Ive never seen my guy drink except one time I think he was drinking but not sure. He runs from the mist when it comes on. I don’t know how you all don’t overflow your drainage with 4 or 5 mist heads! ThTs a lot of water! I only have one mist head. I wouldn’t worry too much about finding 2 poops with no irate or very little irate. Like I said it’s probably stuck some where. Just keep track of the poops for awhile and see if they start having better rates.
Thanks, i’ve never seen my panther drink , but I think Parsons are exceptions to all the rules . As far as drainage I go through about a gallon and a half to 2 gallons of water a Day for our persons that’s why I put in an RO system..
It drains into a 5 gallon bucket I have to dump every day that’s how I water my exterior plants

Attachments

• 5DFE28C3-14B0-4840-B9F0-E861F9D85E09.jpeg
    5DFE28C3-14B0-4840-B9F0-E861F9D85E09.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 47
We got a drainage system in it, plus these enclosures are 2x till 3x bigger then the Reptibreeze X-large. The honest, even with 5 nozzles I can’t cover whole the enclosure and need to re-angle them every few days.

How yours doing on weight. I put mine down to 4 feeders a day. Changed out bioactive cuc to smaller ones powered orange. I almost have all the bsf gone. She still went up 296 grams at 2 days shy of 11 months. So did slow down some. She way more active now looking for food. Just hand feeding now

How yours doing on weight. I put mine down to 4 feeders a day. Changed out bioactive cuc to smaller ones powered orange. I almost have all the bsf gone. She still went up 296 grams at 2 days shy of 11 months. So did slow down some. She way more active now looking for food. Just hand feeding now
Yeah that’s my most recent issue . I’m leaving it up to , she is shy eater . She still won’t eat in front of me and not taking anything from the tongs but Supers. So I dumped a bunch of crickets , 10 or so in the habitat . And have caught her eating Something three times . Is it a cricket I’m not sure is it the Dubia that I put in the feeder I don’t know . Kind of frustrating I love being able to monitor their eating . She did put on two G. Last week but nowhere near yours I’m at 116g right now. I also just took on a boyfriend for her . A wild caught male . So now I’m going to be focusing on his health Too

Where's the pic of new boy. Hopefully the one I get this time a boy. Was thinking of getting wild caught pair when had them. But didn't think I was ready for wild ones yet. Say how scared I was with one I have. She didn't put on good weight at beginning. So was always worried I was doing something wrong. Now it's the opposite she a vacuum and I'm have problem getting her to slow down on growing. Only way I every got mine to get out of dish was using dog dish put in 6 inch pot under her favorite spot. But she only eat crickets that way. Roaches she would only eat off branch. Super worms she just started to eat. Won't touch horn worms. Anything that flies is her favorite. Have you tried putting on branches by her.

Took mine about 2 months to start eating good. Was very shy. Mine funny to feed only takes them by the head.

Where's the pic of new boy. Hopefully the one I get this time a boy. Was thinking of getting wild caught pair when had them. But didn't think I was ready for wild ones yet. Say how scared I was with one I have. She didn't put on good weight at beginning. So was always worried I was doing something wrong. Now it's the opposite she a vacuum and I'm have problem getting her to slow down on growing. Only way I every got mine to get out of dish was using dog dish put in 6 inch pot under her favorite spot. But she only eat crickets that way. Roaches she would only eat off branch. Super worms she just started to eat. Won't touch horn worms. Anything that flies is her favorite. Have you tried putting on branches by her.

Took mine about 2 months to start eating good. Was very shy. Mine funny to feed only takes them by the head.
That sounds very familiar , she seems to do fine hunting them . But then she doesn’t put on much weight . I’m hoping mine does turn around like yours . Yes the male I got is a wild caught i have no idea how old he is of course the pictures when I first got sent them he looked amazing , not so much in my cage right now . Of course they were showing him at the reptile show , I’m sure that stressed him beyond belief . First day home he slept most of the day But within five minutes of being home he ate nine giant hissers . I probably overdid it So I’m not feeding him at all today but he slept most of the day yesterday . Today he’s awake but he’s not moving much .. he is drinking water . So I’m just gonna leave him alone for a couple of days . Hoping to get a fecal sample To check for parasites , I know he’s wild caught and only been in the states for about A month i’m sure he came over on one of those shipments that came in recently . The guy I got him from is a flipper .. not like dealing with Craig at all . I wish I could’ve been guaranteed a Male and I would’ve waited . Maybe when the time comes he’ll have a male and I’ll get that too .🤷🏽‍♂️

Attachments

• 277DA3E2-967D-4170-8FE6-E58562FA9A19.jpeg
    277DA3E2-967D-4170-8FE6-E58562FA9A19.jpeg
    299.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 146FBBFA-B096-4FD6-8AF0-1FB812278D3B.jpeg
    146FBBFA-B096-4FD6-8AF0-1FB812278D3B.jpeg
    407.5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
He did have one left out of same clutch but do u no good if want to breed. Atleast he did few weeks ago when I was messaging him about another one.

The pair I was talking about just came in recently wanted 5080 chameleoncan. But all gone now.

What does he weigh looks nice. One day soon I'll have my male or just a bunch of females one of the two

He did have one left out of same clutch but do u no good if want to breed. Atleast he did few weeks ago when I was messaging him about another one.

The pair I was talking about just came in recently wanted 5080 chameleoncan. But all gone now.

What does he weigh looks nice. One day soon I'll have my male or just a bunch of females one of the
I’m not sure yet . I literally fed him and stuck them in the cage to Hydrate . And have been leaving him alone I’m doing some 12 hour days at work . So I’m gonna give him the rest of the week to chill out look for a fecal sample and then set up a vet visit our vets around here are pain pain in the butt . I told them I don’t want to take him in until I get The fecal Done because if he doesn’t have parasites I want to give him a little while to acclimate . They’re being stupid about it saying that I have to bring him in to do the fecal I said we won’t have the results right then and there anyway what’s the point . Anyhow I’ll definitely let you know what I find out and how he’s doing . He’s got a super strong grip And other than a few battle wounds . Seems pretty good no sunkin Eyes doesn’t seem emaciated at all . Pretty good weight in his tail . Hopefully I didn’t just blow a bunch of money lol

You should do good looks healthy. If he's eating and drinking I'd give alittle time to settle in before vet visit. Just don't cross contaminate. That way your girl don't get anything he might have. They live in wild with parasites. Just don't stress him keep you setup on point. My vet won't do test inless he been seen first. then I can drop poop off when ever I want with in a year then he or she has to go back again. Makes no since but think most like that. If was me I'd give time to settle in then take with fresh poop. I knw there a kit u can buy and mail off to test

You should do good looks healthy. If he's eating and drinking I'd give alittle time to settle in before vet visit. Just don't cross contaminate. That way your girl don't get anything he might have. They live in wild with parasites. Just don't stress him keep you setup on point. My vet won't do test inless he been seen first. then I can drop poop off when ever I want with in a year then he or she has to go back again. Makes no since but think most like that. If was me I'd give time to settle in then take with fresh poop. I knw there a kit u can buy and mail off to test
I was thinking the exact same thing yes they’re completely separate . Nobody would be going anywhere near his cage until I’m sure . Yeah please let me know where you can get that kit I did find a vet that’s gonna go ahead and do the sample first . I guess I also want to feel the vet out before I bring the animal in . Thank you for confirming what I’ve been thinking .. i’m really glad I can bounce things off you .

Back
Top Bottom