Poop check Parsons

crosscutts

Chameleon Enthusiast
OK this is the second one , thought it might be a fluke . She’s getting plenty of water Fog at night relative humidity during the day 45 to 50% 3 minute mist in the morning 15 minute mist in the afternoon , she used to have a quarter to Half inch pure white urate , last two have looked like this . Habitat temperatures were at 78 daytime 65 night . I have raised her tank temperatures to 81day

Attachments

• 740DD059-63C7-44E5-A50D-BE30CBAD1F6D.jpeg
    740DD059-63C7-44E5-A50D-BE30CBAD1F6D.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 46
I thought the same thing when I first found it actually removed a bunch of them , didn’t find them both times . I’ve never seen this before

Got a bit the same feeling as @Lindasjackson that maybe the white is urate is laying somewhere else. Because I see it with mine as well, due the heights of our enclosures the poop gets mostly separated in their way down. Luckily, I keep track on it through the camera otherwise, with the heavy planted bioactive enclosure, I wouldn´t find it. I can see her poop and at the moment it hits the bottom I almost can´t find it any more. Plus, your urate has the clear fluids around that normally indicates they´re well hydrated. But I don´t know it for 100% sure. The only thing I might find disturbing and hopefully it´s just the picture, is that marked spot, it looks like dark blood??

740DD059-63C7-44E5-A50D-BE30CBAD1F6D.jpeg

Got a bit the same feeling as @Lindasjackson that maybe the white is urate is laying somewhere else. Because I see it with mine as well, due the heights of our enclosures the poop gets mostly separated in their way down. Luckily, I keep track on it through the camera otherwise, with the heavy planted bioactive enclosure, I wouldn´t find it. I can see her poop and at the moment it hits the bottom I almost can´t find it any more. Plus, your urate has the clear fluids around that normally indicates they´re well hydrated. But I don´t know it for 100% sure. The only thing I might find disturbing and hopefully it´s just the picture, is that marked spot, it looks like dark blood??

View attachment 326379
No that is bark from the Manzanita , not part of the defecation at all . Again as you guys are saying the fall would separate them . But both times I was very conscious looking for It because it looks so bizarre. Plus there’s not a lot of plant mater in that side of the habitat. this was the first time

Attachments

• DC9F751B-3902-4D03-B206-99F2D8E09CA7.jpeg
    DC9F751B-3902-4D03-B206-99F2D8E09CA7.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 35
I've had some look like that. Only difference is there two turds. But I have bioactive so it hard to find it all sometimes. I do mist more in the morning then you do. In morning I mist 15 minutes but she always there. Hour before lights out I mist 25 minutes cause she always takes time getting g there.

Last edited:
I do mist more in the morning then you do. In morning I mist 15 minutes but she always there. Hour before lights out I mist 25 minutes cause she always takes time getting g there.
My soil won’t stand up to such long misting. But I got 5 nozzles in there to directly watering all my plants. Got a drainage in there, but with 25 mins I’d flood my enclosure. That’s great you can do such long mistings 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

I've had some look like that. Only difference is there two turds. But I have bioactive so it hard to find it all sometimes. I do mist more in the morning then you do. In morning I mist 15 minutes but she always there. Hour before lights out I mist 25 minutes cause she always takes time getting g there.
Well she gets a pretty good fogging at night , fogger kicks on at 11 shut off at four humidity is at 97% . And I shorten her morning misting because she hardly ever drinks in the morning , but she does drink of course like everybody else says after about 3 to 5 minutes of mist in the afternoon and seems to drink the entire time it’s on but very slowly only the water that drips off her head , occasionally she will drink off a leaf but not very often. But she does head for the misters right around 5 o’clock. So after these couple of poops you saw did it go back to Normal? It’s definitely possible I’m missing the urate but I looked pretty thoroughly. I started out with a ton of plants and now I only have enough To make a great canopy because I’m watching her defecation . Still not fully comfortable for either of us Yet. She’s super shy , and gets very upset when you go in her habitat . Doesn’t like me watching her eat either . But I do seem to catch her every once in a while . And occasionally she’ll take a Super worm from the tong’s

Mine drinks off of anything she can. Also does the mouth open and drinks. She drinks the whole time in morning for most part. The hour before light of just depends on where she at. I also have 5 mist heads but turned one off. So it's like a rain storm almost in cage. I aim all mine to the center of cage

Mine drinks off of anything she can. Also does the mouth open and drinks. She drinks the whole time in morning for most part. The hour before light of just depends on where she at. I also have 5 mist heads but turned one off. So it's like a rain storm almost in cage. I aim all mine to the center of cage
Do you fog At night? I also have five miss heads well actually six I have a double in the middle two singles on the side in the front and then two in the back that spray straight down . She’ll generally hide from the water in the morning . But like I said will sit almost in front of the Mister head as close as she can get in the afternoon And then just lap . She’ll go to the bottom of the cage sometimes during the day which I think she’s hunting because that’s where most of the crickets and roaches end up after they get out of the shooting gallery feeder , but the majority of the time she stays near the top of the habit.. Sidenote i’m so crazy in love with this animal that I set my alarm clock to go off at 11 and 3am to check temperatures and humidity levels 😩

Mine goes to bottom too. Had the big iso. Switched to powered orange now cause she was eating them. Haven't really seen mine move away from misting yet. She allows goes towards it. I don't fog at night I mist every two hourfor thirty seconds. She sleeps right where she get misted all night. I also give her two long mist a week. But since I cut her back on food she been hunting her cuc.

She’ll go to the bottom of the cage sometimes during the day which I think she’s hunting because that’s where most of the crickets and roaches end up after they get out of the shooting gallery feeder , but the majority of the time she stays near the top of the habit.
Same here 😂
Sidenote i’m so crazy in love with this animal that I set my alarm clock to go off at 11 and 3am to check temperatures and humidity levels 😩
Feel you on that one 😊

Mine goes to bottom too. Had the big iso. Switched to powered orange now cause she was eating them. Haven't really seen mine move away from misting yet. She allows goes towards it. I don't fog at night I mist every two hourfor thirty seconds. She sleeps right where she get misted all night. I also give her two long mist a week. But since I cut her back on food she been hunting her cuc.
Probably the difference between ours then, mine gets plenty of hydration overnight doesn’t need it in the morning . Yes mine goes right to where the fog dumps to sleep . Primo told me to raise the temperature could be part of her eating issue. Two days after doing it I’m seeing her feed , but she’s very paranoid around me when I’m in the room . I’m glad this urate issues not that big a deal . Can’t imagine why that would happen.

Back
Top Bottom