PLS HELP! my new panther isnt shooting

jurjenfromholland

So... i got my new amilobe panther...
saturday and he was eating and drinking allot
so i feeded him his feeders right away with +3d powder
to make sure he gets that into his system..
now we are a few days further.. and he did..
spit his tong out... like 15 cms or something and swallowed it back in
and if he shoots it isnt far.. now i know he isnt that big.. so his tong isnt that long... But... can anyone sooth my stress?? did he stretch his tong.. or
can he be lacking vitamins or other stuff that he has some problems with shooting??? his joints are fine not bended or what so ever.. nice healthy colour and eating allot to... here are some
pictures https://www.chameleonforums.com/new-panther-hamm-germany-meet-skittels-126655/
PLease help

Mine has been doing the same thing since I got him. (3 months ago). I gut load as described on the forum, I supplement calcium five days a week and multi twice a month, and calcium with d3 twice a month. He eats horn worms, silk worms, Phoenix worms, and crickets. His color is amazing and he is very active, but he just can't shoot his tongue accurately. I hope you find an answer for you panther. If I figure it out I will be sure to share what has worked for me. It is so hard to watch them try to eat, but mine has gotten use to cup feeding now.

I have no clue realy.. has it something to do with a earlie stage
of MDB"??? ....
it makes no sense.. eating good colours good everything is good...
well since he is in my hands.. that is

It's very common for them to have issues with their tongues. They may have injured it by shooting it where they shouldn't have, swallowed it themselves, etc.

Many of these guys in captivity also end up with what's considered a lazy tongue. They'll stop using them to their full potentials if they don't have to. It's a lot of work to shoot their tongue out so far and have to reel it all back in. In captivity, they're in an enclosed space. The feeders can't run away and they're always there, so there's no need for them to rush. The area is smaller, so they can get closer to the prey without having them run away. If you cup or hand feed, they get even lazier. Their prey just sits there all day long. They can take their sweet time walking right up to it so they don't have to shoot out their tongues.

It's only concerning if the problem is neurological, but as long as he's active and eating well, I wouldn't worry about it.

My cham can only shoot his tongue about 3cm because of an injury, and it shoots crooked, but he's never had a problem eating. As long as they're healthy and have an appetite, they'll learn to get around their "disability" and will adapt.

Pfff scare to see how it spitted out his
Tong and slurped it back in...
He eats like a bear for a little fellah
Haha realy stupid to ask but can it be
That he doesnt know quiete yet how to
Use his tong propperly..??

I'm pretty sure he knows how to use it. Mine did the same. Now less lately but still can not shoot.
My cham fell down 3 times in a row the branch when I had him for about 3 weeks. Than I had a chance to take him out of his cage and he calmed down. I think that happened. But I can not be sure.
I cup feed him now. Sometimes shoots sometimes bites.
Do you have a good vet?
I'd like to take mine for an X-ray soon...

Back
Top Bottom