Please Tell Me What Was Wrong!!!

zzzmaddy

A couple days ago my sister got my chameleon that i ordered (bc i was in school atm) about a week ago that was delivered to a local place that had a small selection of different pets, but they special ordered the chameleon for me. When she got there my chameleon wasn't moving or opening its eyes while the other baby chameleons were. When she asked the lady about it the lady told her it just wasn't happy atm. My sister set up the cage and lights and leaves and everything and when i got home the first thing i noticed is that it kept its eyes closed. Anyway I gave it some crickets, which it had a very hard time swallowing. the chameleon was 2.5-3in including its tail so i gave it 1/4 size crix but it would do this weird thing where it leaned its head back and nearly fell and would move his stomach in a wave motion, like he was seriously having a rlly hard time swallowing the tiny cricket. i misted his cage a lot because i didnt see him drinking. He continued to keep his eyes closed, even when i held him he would close his eyes withing a couple seconds and wouldn't move. I had to poke him to open his eyes then boom right back to being closed. The most he would move in a day was a couple inches from where he was before, and kept his eyes closed still. Yesterday was probably the worst of the 3 days i had him :( i found him on the bottom of his cage with his eyes closed, so i knew he fell bc if he barely moved throughout the day why would he climb all the way to the bottom, yknow. I put him back on his leaves and he just layed there. I found him a couple hours later on the bottom, so once again, he fell but he was still alive. Then i went to babysit. My sister called and said he was on the bottom not moving, so he was pretty much dead but not completely. I came home about 2 hours later and saw that he passed away. So a brief explanation: couldnt swallow crickets easily (some he puked up and ate again), only drank water when i dripped it in his mouth, kept eyes closed literally all the time, would only open if i poked him a little but then he closed them again, and wouldnt move but a couple inches a day. I am very sad about the loss, i felt so bad for him. But, i know this was not my fault. He was acting this way before i even got him. We called the place i got him from and explained that they sold us a sick chameleon and they are ordering me a new one. But can someone please tell me what couldve been wrong with him? I know he was sick but can someone elaborate please :)

Back
Top Bottom