please pray for pascal

Attachments

• photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 247
i read a diferent blog about it and it said to move his cage out of a area thats loud and stressful and to take the branches out so he doesnt fall and hurt himself and so i did all that and more to help him

i read a diferent blog about it and it said to move his cage out of a area thats loud and stressful and to take the branches out so he doesnt fall and hurt himself and so i did all that and more to help him

He needs to go to the vet for liquid calcium and the vet can give an injection to draw the calcium to the bones quicker. He may also splint his broke leg. One of my girls once had to have a splint when she broke a leg digging to lay eggs.

The blog above is what all he need to stay health, not what to do when he has MBD.

Poor little guy. It does look broken.

I have a 'Pascal' as well. I'm afraid yours needs more help than prayer can provide at this point.

I second the vet if you haven't taken him already. Then please do read jann's blog and everything you can get your eyes on pertaining to veiled chameleon keeping on this site. Your photo shows a few things that should be changed in his enclosure if your Pascal pulls through.

Good luck and please let us know how he does.

i took him to the vet and they said its not broken he just has minor mbd and they didnt give him a shot or anything.

that is scary... his casque is very sunken in. i wouldn't call that minor. by the time MBD is noticeable it means its very far along.. id be very worried. id be stuffing him with hornworms dusted with calcium every other day. i recommend reading the sticky on MBD and possibly taking him to a different vet.. preferably someone with a specialty in exotic herps who WILL give liquid calcium. he needs it so his condition doesn't get worse. if not reversed it could kill him in the long run

Back
Top Bottom