Please i need urgent help

Chaima

Hi everyone so i am Chaima from north africa excatly from tunisia (PS: We Don't have a reptile vet in here at all !! )
So i had this baby common chameleon for about two months now i got her from a local souk my poor little baby she was kept in the darkness in a mettalic can for days....so when i got her she was extremely stressed extremely skinny and sick: her right eye was injured and her right leg swollen....i tried to help her as much as i could i looked for a vet but i never found one so t gathered information from the net (thk you guys in this forum you helped me a lot) well after like a week she was doing super good i guess she could open her eyers eat and drink however about two weeks ago her health got worst i even thought she was dead she is always sleeping and she got so skinny that right leg again was so swollen so i treated her with betadin and neosprin and she got better. I will post photos for the three cases.
I am keeping her in the garden enjoying real sun all day,misting her and alowing her to drink from the leaves as in nature.
I really appreciate any help information about common chameleons are so rare please I DON 'T WAN'T MY BABY TO DYE received_328204221213207.jpeg
received_328204221213207.jpeg
received_317716592253606.jpeg
received_637706836692688.jpeg
received_2003386913122042.jpeg
20190524_014619.jpg
20190517_205025.jpg
20190517_205025.jpg

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

I know you said a vet isn’t an option but that is the only thing that has a legit shot at saving her. Once the legs start hanging off the branch it’s just a matter of time.

Do you have access to bee pollen? It’s probably the closest homeopathic option to a real antibiotic you can get.

I’m not sure how much the normal husbandry questions will apply here but answering the questions above will help us help you.

If you have powdered bee pollen you can dust your feeders with it. I have bee pollen granules, so I like to wet the bee pollen slightly and then crush it up and let the feeder climb through it to get some stuck to it. You can use it for gutloading your feeders, as well.

How about Reptaid? Is that something you can get delivered quickly? People swear by it for URIs, eye infections and digestive issues. It's an herbal supplement that is supposed to naturally help fight off infections and illness.

Sepecies: common chameleon or Mediterranean chameleon (Chamaeleo chamaeleon).
Sex: male.
Age: about two months and a half and i had her for a month.
Handling: i don't handle her too much unless i have to.
Feeding: crikets ,
Grasshopper, earthworms,house flies about three to four insects daily.
Supplements: none
Watering: i mist her with mineral water three to four times a day and she drinks also mineral water from a dripper or from the leaves.
Cage: she is either in the garden outside or with me inside on some little indoor trees .
I am from north africa so it's always sunny in here she enjoys direct sunlight i think i don't need a uvb ect....
PS: since i bought her leg was always like that she is wild captured so it could be an accident.
The main issue now is that she has a dull skin and she stopped moving at all.

Right now i am looking for reptaid since my sister have a drugstore howevere shipping to my country Tunisia is impossible

If you have powdered bee pollen you can dust your feeders with it. I have bee pollen granules, so I like to wet the bee pollen slightly and then crush it up and let the feeder climb through it to get some stuck to it. You can use it for gutloading your feeders, as well.

How about Reptaid? Is that something you can get delivered quickly? People swear by it for URIs, eye infections and digestive issues. It's an herbal supplement that is supposed to naturally help fight off infections and illness.
OP is in North Africa, not sure UPS passes that way too often lol

No uvb needed or D3 supplements if she’s outside a few hours every day. Still need diverse feeders vitamins and gutload. Wild chams do not adjust well to captivity.

What kind of mineral water, what’s in it?

Guys please can any one of you be good to my chameleon and ship me reptaid or even some food pleaaaase put the taxes on the receiver i will pay them pleaaaase

Attachments

• 20190530_191737.jpg
    20190530_191737.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 152
Look how innocent she is seeing her suffer is melting my heart

Attachments

• 20190602_004907.jpg
    20190602_004907.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 194
Super instructive vet doctoral thesis about chameleons biology breeding and main diseases... am sorry it's in french

Attachments

• cameleons_biologie_elevage-et-principales_affections_blog_arthropodus.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 108
Hi there, welcome to the forums. Your chameleon is adorable! You do not want to give your chameleon earth worms if you can help it (only feed earthworms as a last resort). You could add grasshoppers instead. You can also feed praying mantis.

Back
Top Bottom