Please Help:(

Great name;)No light for night unless it gets in low 60s or lower. Yes you will want to get all those supplements. It may be expensive at first but they last quite a while. Just reptivite all the time is not good. I would listen to kinyonga for he/she from what posts I read knows a great deal with these creatures. Supplement very lightly. You will want to take that bowl out also. To water him use a spray bottle and spraty 2 or 3 times a day for 30 sec to 1 min or a little longer since it is dry in your parts. Make sure to let the enclosure fully dry out before each misting. Also you want a drpper that you can buy or make. With a container to catch the excess water.

For feeders I get mine from mulberryfarms.com . Everyone will recomend silk worms which you can use as a staple, and hornworms, wax worms, butter worms, etc. for treats. As the plants go there is a section on the forums about plants that are non toxic. Do not put a plant in the enclosure that you dont know what it is or if its not on that list. If its toxic your cham can die from eating it or drinking off it and eye infections etc. And as for gutloading kinyonga gave you some veggies and such to use. I personaly use cricketfood.com to buy gutload. It has all sorts of things in it. Then I also use collards, kale, kelp, dandelion greens and what not to give the feeders a water source and more nutrition to my cham. Again search around here and you will find the best situations for you. Oh and you didnt answer kinyongas question about his mouth.

ok, i'll look up all different types of plants on here so he can have the best:D

sorry, i didn't see thier question, well i didn't remember to answer it, no they aren't always open like that, but he does seem to do a motion that resembles licking his lips, even when there is no watter around him.. idk if that means he's thirsty or what because i spay everything and all he does is makes his eyes go flush with his body then sit there... but he does drink occationally

a small ficus benji tree is a good base/shelter tree to start with, schleffera is a good one, pothos is very resilient and versatile, makes a great hanging plant...one of the things it took me a few months to realize was using stilt like objects to keep the plants raised off the cage floor, this helps to ensure it drys out better in between misting rather than sitting stagnantly forming bacteria fungi and algae

your going to want to water proof your area, because az is so dry you'll need to heavily mist constantly to keep your cham in primo shape

I like to use supertubs by mccourts, they can be purchased at lowes for the low price of 10 dollars, a few bricks to keep the cage elevated around the collecting water

for my walls I use panda film otherwise known as black and white poly....cleans well is water proof, this is stapled into my dry wall, then the bottom of it goes into my super tub so when water hits it, it gets collected for the most part by the tub, than your only other responsibiliity is cautious aiming.

for the next part, emptying the tub, you can either a. empty it with regular cage cleaning or b.

drill a hole in the bottom of your tub and use plumbing fitting and possibly even a 90 degree ball valve (for turning your flow on and off) and running a tube from your super tub to say a 5 gallon water jug or bucket, that way you can constantly keep the excess runoff water at a minimal

hope that helps :)

Good on the mouth thing. Mine lick there lips to haha or what ever they are doing I wouldnt be worried. My chams dont like to drink in front of me so I make sure the white part of the poop (urate) is white. Its not bad to have a little yellow or orange to it but only a little this is the sign of your cham dehydrating if there is a lot of orange yellow. Showers are good for your cham.

ok good, because his first poo did look quite a bit different than his second poo, because of being shipped, i think he got pretty dehydrated there for less urine, but all is good now:) he has lightend up a bit, and is looking GREAT

anyone know how long it takes for them to fully control the pigment in thier skin and show what they will look like as a full grown adult?

yea, he is lightning up alot, getting alot of color in his thaot and starting to show hi strips:D i take pics but they don't exactly show hs srips to the best of Rampage's ability:(

It will take any where from a year to a year and 6 months to produce his color scheme. You will notice with each shed more and more colors.

Back
Top Bottom