Please help

Alzbeta

Hello!
I have a female chameleon who is over 2 years old. Her name is Fifi. Fifi has been always very healthy and happy. Today is a second day that she refuses to eat but she drunk some water. She is gravid but not ready yet to lay her eggs for like another 3 weeks. The eggs are not fertilized. She has done it many times before (every 3 months) never had any problems. I did put a laying bin in her cage, just in case.
She has diarrhea and yesterday I have noticed she has a lump above her right back leg. It looks kind of like an egg but I don't think it is. She is tired but can move ok. She let her leg hang down but she can grip.
Anybody has experienced this before?
Any help is strongly appreciated, Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_9131.JPG
    IMG_9131.JPG
    260.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_9126.JPG
    IMG_9126.JPG
    247.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_9127.JPG
    IMG_9127.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_9128.JPG
    IMG_9128.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 116
Could you fill out the ask for help form (link in my signature below) and post pics of her enclosure and lay bin, please?

• Your Chameleon - female, 2.5 years. I am the first owner have her since 4 months old.
  • Handling - almost never, she doesn't like it
  • Feeding - Crickets for the most part 5-10 a day. Depends how hungry she is. Warms occasionally.
  • Supplements - Repti calcium, not often because the crickets I buy are already fed with vitamins and she used to have neck swelling and dripping the calcium from her nose.
  • Watering - She has a dripper, I mist too. I see her drink all the time.
  • Fecal Description - normal
  • History - she has always been very healthy and happy. Strong. Just not friendly, which I respect.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Screen. 50x25x25
  • Lighting - SUV&SUB for 12 hours a day
  • Temperature - don't measure
  • Humidity - don't measure, mist twice a day
  • Plants - she has 3 types of life plans, she likes to eat photos plant plus 2 palms that she doesn't eat
  • Placement - by the window so she gets sunlight
  • Location - Norwalk, Connecticut

• Your Chameleon - female, 2.5 years. I am the first owner have her since 4 months old.
  • Handling - almost never, she doesn't like it
  • Feeding - Crickets for the most part 5-10 a day. Depends how hungry she is. Warms occasionally.
  • Supplements - Repti calcium, not often because the crickets I buy are already fed with vitamins and she used to have neck swelling and dripping the calcium from her nose.
  • Watering - She has a dripper, I mist too. I see her drink all the time.
  • Fecal Description - normal
  • History - she has always been very healthy and happy. Strong. Just not friendly, which I respect.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Screen. 50x25x25
  • Lighting - SUV&SUB for 12 hours a day
  • Temperature - don't measure
  • Humidity - don't measure, mist twice a day
  • Plants - she has 3 types of life plans, she likes to eat photos plant plus 2 palms that she doesn't eat
  • Placement - by the window so she gets sunlight
  • Location - Norwalk, Connecticut
Feed that amount every other day. What do you gutload with? What other worms do you feed? Add in some more variety, like silkworms, hornworms, butterworms, superworms, black soldier flies and larvae, blue bottle flies, mantids, painted lady butterflies, horn, silk, and waxworm moths, and roaches (dubia, red runner, orange headed, and ivory headed cannot climb or fly), to name a few. The usual supplement schedule is phosphorous free calcium without D3 every feeding and a multivitamin with D3 (like Zoo Med Reptivite with D3) every two weeks. Not sure on the frequency of these since she’s had what you listed above. @Brodybreaux25 can help. How often do mist and for how long? Veileds need to be misted at least 3 times a day, or more depending on humidity, for a minimum of 2 minutes each time. What type of uvb and basking bulbs do you have and what strength? You NEED to measure temperature and humidity! Her basking should be 85*F and a humidity of 40-70%. What’s the temp drop at night? Go to the hardware store and get a digital temp gun for basking temp and a digital thermometer/hygrometer combo for ambient temp and humidity. UVB cannot pass through a window. What are the specifics of her lay bin?

You have to gutload your own crickets and dust them at every feeding, no way around this.

I recommend Bug Burger as a gutload and Repashy Calcium with LoD. Cover every feeder with this supplement, no others needed. And feed your feeders the gutload 2-3 hours before feeding them off to your Cham.

You have to gutload your own crickets and dust them at every feeding, no way around this.

I recommend Bug Burger as a gutload and Repashy Calcium with LoD. Cover every feeder with this supplement, no others needed. And feed your feeders the gutload 2-3 hours before feeding them off to your Cham.
She doesn't take any food at this moment.

Feed that amount every other day. What do you gutload with? What other worms do you feed? Add in some more variety, like silkworms, hornworms, butterworms, superworms, black soldier flies and larvae, blue bottle flies, mantids, painted lady butterflies, horn, silk, and waxworm moths, and roaches (dubia, red runner, orange headed, and ivory headed cannot climb or fly), to name a few. The usual supplement schedule is phosphorous free calcium without D3 every feeding and a multivitamin with D3 (like Zoo Med Reptivite with D3) every two weeks. Not sure on the frequency of these since she’s had what you listed above. @Brodybreaux25 can help. How often do mist and for how long? Veileds need to be misted at least 3 times a day, or more depending on humidity, for a minimum of 2 minutes each time. What type of uvb and basking bulbs do you have and what strength? You NEED to measure temperature and humidity! Her basking should be 85*F and a humidity of 40-70%. What’s the temp drop at night? Go to the hardware store and get a digital temp gun for basking temp and a digital thermometer/hygrometer combo for ambient temp and humidity. UVB cannot pass through a window. What are the specifics of her lay bin?

I appreciate your input; however not very helpful. Have you seen this before - meaning the lump? She has been fine with what I do for 2.5 years. Her lay bin is fine, she has done over 10 times. I know her, I know the minute she is ready to lay her eggs.
Regarding the humidity I have to disagree, there are more opinions about that. That is not relevant to my questions at all.

I think any new lump should be checked out by a vet just because it could be the result in bacteria, cancer or just over supplementation, I don't think there is any way for us to pinpoint the real cause of it because I don't think we're vets lol, at least I'm not

I think any new lump should be checked out by a vet just because it could be the result in bacteria, cancer or just over supplementation, I don't think there is any way for us to pinpoint the real cause of it because I don't think we're vets lol, at least I'm not

Yeah....I was just trying to see if someone had a similar experience. Thanks.

I appreciate your input; however not very helpful. Have you seen this before - meaning the lump? She has been fine with what I do for 2.5 years. Her lay bin is fine, she has done over 10 times. I know her, I know the minute she is ready to lay her eggs.
Regarding the humidity I have to disagree, there are more opinions about that. That is not relevant to my questions at all.
Just because she’s fine doesn’t mean she’s in top condition. But what do I know? I second going to the vet

Back
Top Bottom