Please help!!!

Yesterday i notice Billie not moving around as much as usual but didnt thonk much of it. But this morning she slept in way later and when i got home from work she was hanging around with one eye open and the other closed. I dnt know whats going on she has been eatting fine and shes been well hydrated. Her color does seem a little more pale but just a lighter shade of lime green... Idk what todo i dnt think it serious enough to go to the vet yet ..but i also dnt want it to get there either!

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species=veiled, sex=female, age= aprox 2months . How long has it been in your care=1month
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon=once every 2-3 days
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham 4-6 crickets for breakfast and lunch we give 5 meal worms but they can last her What amount? What is the schedule=breakfast is at 6 or 7am and dinner is at 5pm? How are you gut-loading your feeders but insects at petsmart they come with a green cube (dnt know exactly what it is to be honest)
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium=reticalcium and vitamin=zoomeds reptivite products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule = calcium goes on all crickets and i dust vitamin on the meal worms once a wk
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use= use faucet water and drip aquasafe in it? How often and how long to you mist=any time humidity reader reads below 45° i spray down. Do you see your chameleon drinking=yes.
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings=poo was brown and solid(normal) pee's tip is white and rest is yellow. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites=no?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you=we got her from petsmart when she was aprox. 5 wks old

Cage Info:
Cage Type we bought the set up from petsmart including lighting fixture and all- Describe your cage is Screen, What are the dimensions 24x18x10 (maybe)
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?=lights on at 7am off at 10pm
Temperature 75°-85° What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight 64° How do you measure these temps=electro thermometer
Humidity - What are your humidity levels=45°-75° How are you creating and maintaining these levels=lighting/fan/heater/misting What do you use to measure humidity=meter bought at petsmart
Plants - Are you using live plants=yes If so, what kind=pothos
Placement - Where is your cage located=spair bedroom now known as reptile room. Is it near any fans=celing fam(dnt use often) air vents=no, or high traffic areas=no. At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor= 5ft
Location - Where are you geographically located=amarillo tx (panhandle)

Current Problem - she is less active and one eye is closed

1497925286205-1164901311.jpg

Don't know if this is the thing causing it, but she sounds like she's dehydrated. I would develop a better plan for misting, because while it keeps the humidity up, its main purpose is to create droplets on the leaves that your cham will drink. Before I got a mistking, I misted with a pressurized 16oz sprayer. Each session, I sprayed the entire bottle, making sure to get all over the cage. I did this 4 times a day the same time each day and I've never had a single problem with hydration. I would try adding more live plants too. Also make sure the daily calcium you are using has no D3 in it. I would stop feeding mealworms as well. They aren't the best food and they should only be given as a treat. Feed more crickets in the morning. The earlier you feed her the more time she has to digest things. Your gutloading could also be a problem. There are many good lists on this forum for gutloading vegetables. One last thing, your cage is fine for a baby female, but once she gets much bigger I would suggest getting a 24x24x48 Reptibreeze XL or freeranging.

You should also give her a nice long shower to fix the dehydration problem. Maybe the thing causing all this is just something stuck in her eye. If that's the case, give her a super long misting or a "shower" and see if she cleans her eye.

I can't tell from the angle of the picture, but do you have your dripper directly over top of your light fixture? If you do, please move it now! Those drippers can notoriously leak, and obviously, you don't want to electrify the entire cage!
I agree with the others, she is definitely dehydrated! She needs a shower.
She likely has something stuck in her eye. If she can't get it out on her own, she should see a vet. They can give you some antibiotic eye ointment for her eye, which will help get the crud out, and also protect her eye from infection.
As for sleeping late, I think she was just a little too cold. 64 is a tad chilly for a 2 month old. They are cold blooded animals, and if she was that cold, she will be sluggish to wake up, until the ambient temps warm up. Maybe a blanket/cover around the cage at night would help? I don't think you need to jump to providing a heat source at night, but cutting down on drafts would be good.
And don't forget. She's still new. She's stressed, scared, and insecure. The cover in your cage looks great! Just give her some space so she can get used to her new environment. She will come out of her shell.

I would also like some help. I got my panther this morning from ups. She is only a little older than 2 months. When I first took her out she looked great. Then I left for an hour came back and it looked like she had an underbite which she didn't before. Also she was black. I thought this was because she was trying to absorb more heat so I turned up her heat lamp and it seemed like she started to lighten back up but then I noticed she was trying to eat the fake plants so I put lettuce throughout her cage. My veiled did the same thing when I first got her and she figured it out. This one is a little younger and didn't quite figure it out yet. Now she is towards the back of her cage away from her basking spot and isn't as dark but is still pretty dark and facing the bottom of her cage but isn't at the bottom. Can anyone help figure this out

Attachments

• IMG_20170620_100222.jpg
    IMG_20170620_100222.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20170620_113823.jpg
    IMG_20170620_113823.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 107
I would also like some help. I got my panther this morning from ups. She is only a little older than 2 months. When I first took her out she looked great. Then I left for an hour came back and it looked like she had an underbite which she didn't before. Also she was black. I thought this was because she was trying to absorb more heat so I turned up her heat lamp and it seemed like she started to lighten back up but then I noticed she was trying to eat the fake plants so I put lettuce throughout her cage. My veiled did the same thing when I first got her and she figured it out. This one is a little younger and didn't quite figure it out yet. Now she is towards the back of her cage away from her basking spot and isn't as dark but is still pretty dark and facing the bottom of her cage but isn't at the bottom. Can anyone help figure this out
I would recommend posting another thread so it doesn't get in the way of what OP needs. It sounds like injury though.

Agreed @Reno3558 make a new thread for it and people can help you out. Just to ease your mind through, my one panther and many others will be dark brown/black for their first week or so in their new home.

Back
Top Bottom