please help

Alexandru24

Hello. I need help. My Veiled female chameleon stop eating. I have a 5 months. it has one year. terrarium is 41 * 41 * 91 cm, new UVB light, and sprayed with water 2 times a day. All was well until now eight days since not eaten. she eating three daily superworms. I tried to offer and crickets, dubia and waxworms but nothing. she fist with a male 3 months ago. I do not think they did anything. I think it has something to toung. unfortunately in my area are not doctors reptiles. what can I do? What do you recommend I give? I have no idea. thank you

Attachments

• 20161219_143815.jpg
    20161219_143815.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 20161219_000845.jpg
    20161219_000845.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 134
Try a more shallow food bowl so the animal can get closer to the food also two times misting is most likely not enough are the white part of its poop (urates) white or yellow?

Plus you need to provide the animal with much more cover/greenery and horizontal branches and or vines to move around on. Often they will not eat while beint watched especially in the wide open like that. 8 days is a long time are you 100 sure she hasnt eaten in that long?

I would try offering some type or worm like super, horn, or silk usually they cant resist these treats

wax worms are very small and uninteresting to them and crix and roaches become the same way my guys never turner down a super tho lol

One last thing im seeing is lots of things on the floor of the cage most dont recommend anything on the floor because they can accidentally ingest something when they are trying to go after food.

Also, read through the care sheets on how to set up a lay bin. She should have one available to her from now on.

The terrarium equipment is bad. Put more branches, more plants. The soil is inadequate, causing suffocation.
What a chameleon behavior? Move? Drink? His eyes are all right? Color is good?

about a week ago, and the color is so it's in my hand. looks like he stays in the cage

Attachments

• 20161219_191313.jpg
    20161219_191313.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 20161219_191301.jpg
    20161219_191301.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 91
If there is no stool, wrong!
Drink a home-made apple juice. Or paraffin oil. Swimming her in lukewarm water. Maximum nothing happens, but it can not hurt her.
If eggs are in the chameleons, it does not mean that she is not hungry.

that is a gravid female. you need to set a laying bin up for her asap. that's why she's not eating. females lay infertile clutches of eggs without even seeing a male. you need to read up on the chameleon caresheets. you need to have WAY more foilage and nontoxic plants so you won't have to worry if she eats them

Back
Top Bottom