please help!!

Veiledcham1228

ok so im a relatively new veiled chameleon owner, we bought 2 females from petco a little over a month an a half old, theyve been doing fine so far but tonight i was adjusting the rate of drip on the dripper and i had just fed them crickets dusted with reptavite wo d3 and the crickets had been gutloaded with all the usual things. anyways one of then saw the increase in the rate of drip and ran over to the hose and started drinking, the other one just drank off the leaves as usual, thinking they were both just washing down their dinner the one that took the drinks directly from the hose starting acting like she was choking and there was a large lump in her throat she kept pushing it out like she was trying to swallow something too large, the crickets were mediums and werent bigger than the gaps between their eyes so i didnt think it could have been that but i thought she could have possibly picked somehting up from the substrate in the flower pot?? she started to wobble a little and actually almost missed a branch and fell off, so i scooped her up and tried to see if i felt something in her throat but when i did this bubbles came out of her nose. i dont know what to do, we tried to gently open her mouth to see if we could see anything and the little we could open it we saw nothing, she also turned extremely pale, shes just resting now ill continue to monitor her but any advice would be great thanks!!

I'm wondering if some of the water went down the air tube rather than the food tube...

She seems to be ok this morning but I think ur right about the water since my other Cham seems to be ok, ill continue to monitor her, another worry I had is with the same Cham, she seems to be keeping her left eye closed a lot, upon inspection I see that it seems a little swollen and irritated compared to the other, there is no evidence of an injury and I've never seen them fight but I dont know what it could be so after looking on here for similar cases I tried to flush her eye with saline solution so hopefully that will work if not though what could it be? Don't think it could be vitamin deficiency so any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance

Attachments

• P_20160413_065549.jpg
    P_20160413_065549.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 113
Back
Top Bottom