Please Help, what is happening to my cham??

Ugggg. So when your not as stressed we will need to talk about proper cleaning. Coccidia is a beast and requires very very specific cleaning or they can easily reinfect themselves.
he's looking so bad guys i dont even know if hes gonna survive the night, he's opening the mouth and eyes are kinda closed it looks terrible i dont want to send you a pic or video im scared af.

vet also noted a suspect RI but he didnt show any kind of symptoms til today right now hes keeping mouth open and not moving i mean he wasnt so bad looking this morning, i dont get if hes stressed or else

They can go downhill very quickly. I am so sorry. Coccidia is one of the bad parasites. It does a number on their system and they can decline very fast. If he does not make it we still need to talk about the coccidia and cleaning especially if you are wanting to get another cham later.

They can go downhill very quickly. I am so sorry. Coccidia is one of the bad parasites. It does a number on their system and they can decline very fast. If he does not make it we still need to talk about the coccidia and cleaning especially if you are wanting to get another cham later.
thank you, i dunno if he's gonna make it thru the night, i will just let him be right now, i gave him the meds with the written dosage even tho they are dosed like 0.03ml it just a drop its hard to process that just a single drop may be helpful for him. but i've put them in his mouth i just hope they gonna get assimilated

I am so sorry for your loss... :cry:

When you are ready let us know and we will discuss what you have to do for the cage. Do not put any new animal in the cage until we have talked. Do not cross contaminate anything from this cage to other cages if you have other chameleons.

I knew of someone with a weakened chameleon, and the vet prescribed red palm oil, it contains vitamin A, and it greatly favored recovery, 0.02 ml up to 40gr. 0.04 up to 80gr.

Attachments

• 034cf9ca-7ac2-4409-868e-c3a07588f165.f6896fbaa89fc13d9068f1db21bf616b.jpeg
    034cf9ca-7ac2-4409-868e-c3a07588f165.f6896fbaa89fc13d9068f1db21bf616b.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 51
Welcome to the forum!

The form of vitamin A is prOformed...beta carotene.
So what would red palm oil do for the chameleon?
I only saw that in a post and the cham survived with the help of that, I give it to mine and he has very firm stools, I also supply him with reptaid, all natural

Attachments

• 81f4FG3Lq1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81f4FG3Lq1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 815yAxMEGCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    815yAxMEGCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom