Please help! Multilple questions on 1yr old blue bar panther

My Ivy is a few months over a year and has started behaving differently. She's very restless, tours her cage constantly and has started going down to the bottom of the cage. I can't feel her belly without losing an arm, so I'm just leaving her to it for a while. I've filled a big Rubbermaid box with a mixture of soil and sand and dampened it, so she can make a tunnel. I've also put a dark sheet around the bottom half of her cage so she can go down and have some privacy. She hates everything at the best of times, so I'm keen to make things as calm as possible for her.

Does anyone have a good picture of a gravid female panther versus a puffed up one? I'm having a tough time figuring out of Ivy's hip 'beans' are eggs or just hips...

moose passed away yesterday

Hi to all. Just letting you all know that Moose passed away yesterday at the Vet. We are deeply saddened to have her life cut so short. I have contacted [email protected] again, and nothing. This guy should not be dealing with animals period. I am hoping that this message reaches anyone attempting to do business with this guy. I understand that this forum doesn't deal with bad business deals. If you are reading this and are considering purchasing a chameleon, please refer to faunaclassifieds for further details on this breeder.

Im not sure but I think she looks like she had eggs. What did the vet say? I only say this because she looked like she was big in the mid section and had skinny skinny legs. Also, you could see here back hip bones in the back portion of her. A cham that skinny normaly doesnt have a belly like that that. It makes sense for her also being that age. Its unfortunate you where sold a female unknowingly like that and where caught off guard like that.

sorry for your loss, Did the vet say what the problem was?

And will you be looking to get a male cham in the future or has this ordeal put you off of the whole idea all together?

oh, poor Moose... I hope that this doesn't deter you from getting another chameleon. I really think that you were a little blindsided with the male/female situation. So sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom