please help me :(

micahhh

08213449-B2DB-430D-8079-8EB0772A7267.jpeg

hi i have a veiled chameleon who is around four to five months and lately he hasn’t been eating and i was wondering why ?? i mist his enclosure down three times a day for five minutes and give him three crickets but he has refused to eat them for the past three days. please help

What else are you feeding besides crickets? Gaping mouth may not be a problem. I’ve seen mine do it. I’m sure someone more experienced will chime in soon.

What else are you feeding besides crickets? Gaping mouth may not be a problem. I’ve seen mine do it. I’m sure someone more experienced will chime in soon.
i’ve tried to feed him worms but he wants absolutely nothing to do with them. he just turned partly black and tries to stay as far away as possible

8ED765D3-A8D0-44DC-B030-234D820C9EBE.jpeg

he also has this light patch on him, he barely got it today when he got down from being by the light.

You’ll need to fill this out... https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

There are very knowledgeable people here and they can help you, but the fact that you don’t know how to tell if this animal is a male or female means you have not done your homework. I am not judging but these are not easy animals to care for and have unique requirements. Reading up will help answers a lot of your concerns.

You’ll need to fill this out... https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

There are very knowledgeable people here and they can help you, but the fact that you don’t know how to tell if this animal is a male or female means you have not done your homework. I am not judging but these are not easy animals to care for and have unique requirements. Reading up will help answers a lot of your concerns.
I know how to take care of chameleons. when i went to the pet store to pick him out i was for sure he was a boy. later that week i went to get him and it appeared to be the same exact chameleon, sorry. i don’t mean to sound mean but i have researched for years and i’ve just never came across on why he wouldn’t be eating.

Last edited:
Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - Veiled Chameleon, Girl, she’s 4 months . i’ve had her for almost a month.
  • Handling - i don’t hold her that often, sometimes i’ll let her roam but that’s all.
  • Feeding - crickets, i dust them one to twice a week. i’ve tried to give her worms but she’s wanted nothing to do with them.
  • Supplements - repti-calcium with vitamins
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? I mist the enclosure three times a day for five minutes each. i see my chameleon drinking water off of the plants.
  • Fecal Description - No, it has never been tested. his fecal matters look healthy
  • History - She usually eats four to five crickets but that’s all.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - screen cage, 16 by 16 by 36
  • Lighting - Zoomed UVB & heat lamp
  • Temperature - Lowest temp is 68 highest gets to 80
  • Humidity - stays around 68.2 to 74.3
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? no live plants at all
  • Placement - my cage is onto of my dresser. i tried to put him at the highest point of the room
  • Location - california?

Last edited:
I know how to take care of chameleons. when i went to the pet store to pick him out i was for sure he was a boy. later that week i went to get him and it appeared to be the same exact chameleon, sorry. i don’t mean to sound mean but i have researched for years and i’ve just never came across on why he wouldn’t be eating.
Your care sheet says otherwise. If you could finish filling it out that would be helpful.

thank you. do you know what i could do to help the eating?

Female chameleon will often slow down or stop eating when they are getting close to laying eggs. She doesn’t look Gravid in the pics but that doesn’t me she isn’t. They don’t always show Gravid colours. You should setup a laying bin ASAP

i did finish it. sorry

There is a lot of missing information for the help form.

• Your Chameleon - Veiled Chameleon, Girl, she’s 4 months . i’ve had her for almost a month.
  • Handling - i don’t hold her that often, sometimes i’ll let her roam but that’s all.
  • Feeding - crickets, i dust them one to twice a week. i’ve tried to give her worms but she’s wanted nothing to do with them. Are you gutloading the crickets? With what?
  • Supplements - repti-calcium with vitamins You should be giving a calcium without d3 every feeding. A calcium with d3 twice a month. And a multivitamin twice a month.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? I mist the enclosure three times a day for five minutes each. i see my chameleon drinking water off of the plants.
  • Fecal Description - No, it has never been tested. his fecal matters look healthy
  • History - She usually eats four to five crickets but that’s all.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - screen cage, 16 by 16 by 36
  • Lighting - Zoomed UVB & heat lamp what type of uvb bulb? Coil bulb or strip type t5 or t8?
  • Temperature - Lowest temp is 68 highest gets to 80. Ambient temp should be 75-80 and basking temp 85.
  • Humidity - stays around 68.2 to 74.3
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? no live plants at all
  • Placement - my cage is onto of my dresser. i tried to put him at the highest point of the room
  • Location - california?

You definitely have a girl.

I see in your temps it says high is 80. Is that your basking temp? If so that's too low for a veiled. She needs the higher basking to digest. Is her mouth open during basking?

Has she gone poop?

Back
Top Bottom