please help me :(

You definitely have a girl.

I see in your temps it says high is 80. Is that your basking temp? If so that's too low for a veiled. She needs the higher basking to digest. Is her mouth open during basking?

Has she gone poop?
yes she has gone poop. several times but hasn’t eaten anything and if she does it it’s one cricket. her basking is 100 but she’s at least four inches away from it.

Your female looks healthy, check the temperature parameters and think about stress. Chameleons sometimes go on a "hunger strike", you must be patient and don´t offer food for 3-4 days. Next time I think she will eat.

Last edited:
yes she has gone poop. several times but hasn’t eaten anything and if she does it it’s one cricket. her basking is 100 but she’s at least four inches away from it.
Ok when you say basking is 100 what is it actually at her level where her head and body would be in it? If her mouth is open during basking she is too hot.
Can you take pics of your entire enclosure including her lights on top please? This will help us see her whole picture of what she is working with. You also mention trying to feed her worms. If you are trying to feed mealworms then you need to stop. These are not good for them as they can become impacted.
With her stool and Urate. Urate being the white part. Is this coming out very white or yellow? If there is a lot of yellow then she is dehydrated. If they are stressed because they feel unsafe and do not have plants to hide or lots of horizontal perches this can impact their eating as well. The more info you can give the more people can help you. Take a look at this link. Read through it make sure you are matching in your husbandry everything that is recommended. https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/

100 is high. My veiled prefers his around 95 or so.

As for the mouth open during basking. It is pretty common for veileds to do this. If I lower his basking temp he will stretch his body up to reach the higher heats. He loves the 95 range and sometimes will hold his mouth open. There are plenty of members here that say the same thing. @Brodybreaux25 will likely agree. If it was a panther I would say no. My panthers will not gape they just move down.

Maybe take a photo of the whole enclosure so we can see. Are you positive on the age? Some chams slow down as they age. That said veiled tend to be more opportunistic. Mine has slowed down but he is almost 10 months old now.

thank you. do you know what i could do to help the eating?

Try a variety. I've noticed mine will get bored with the same thing over and over again. In fact, variety is key for a number of good reasons. Also, consult the resources here, elsewhere online and in books on how to setup a laying bin. Your local library will be a great resource or Amazon, if you prefer to buy books.

Try hornworms. Mine won't turn them down no matter what. Do not use them as a staple because too many will cause problems but if you want to see if it will eat at all. Silkworms are good too.

Lower that basking temp. The light spot on her side could be a slight burn. If her basking bulb is 4 inches from the branch and the temp is at 100*F this would cause the open mouth. Shes way to hot and is trying to cool down. If she is too hot I would imagine that would affect her appetite as well.

I had a lot of issues with my veiled in the beginning. Mine opens her mouth when she bask sometimes. Thats how they regulate body temp. They will get tired of the same food. I alternate between crickets and super worms. (I very much want to get some roaches and hornworms)

The calcium without d3 should be given every day. calcium with d3 and a vitamin powder every 2 weeks. I would def get a laying bin. she's old enough to start producing eggs.

I hope your baby is doing better. how is she?

I had a lot of issues with my veiled in the beginning. Mine opens her mouth when she bask sometimes. Thats how they regulate body temp. They will get tired of the same food. I alternate between crickets and super worms. (I very much want to get some roaches and hornworms)

The calcium without d3 should be given every day. calcium with d3 and a vitamin powder every 2 weeks. I would def get a laying bin. she's old enough to start producing eggs.

I hope your baby is doing better. how is she?
she has been doing okay, i tried cup feeding her and she has eaten some. her burn has gone away and i’m trying to find a local pet store that sells horn worms and silk worms, but i probably have to order them. thank you for your help. also, she’s only a few months, that’s old enough to start producing eggs ?

Lower that basking temp. The light spot on her side could be a slight burn. If her basking bulb is 4 inches from the branch and the temp is at 100*F this would cause the open mouth. Shes way to hot and is trying to cool down. If she is too hot I would imagine that would affect her appetite as well.
thank you so much, i really appreciate your help.

she has been doing okay, i tried cup feeding her and she has eaten some. her burn has gone away and i’m trying to find a local pet store that sells horn worms and silk worms, but i probably have to order them. thank you for your help. also, she’s only a few months, that’s old enough to start producing eggs ?
I was advised that they could start producing eggs as young as 4-5 months of age.

Back
Top Bottom