Please help me

Tammie

Max has been closing his eyes more than normal and rolling his eyes around when closed. Also I noticed a white milky sticky substance that has come out of his pores? Also top of his head is white, I thought it was him shedding but it’s been white for over a month. I will change his vitamin with D 3 to twice a month. Do you think this could be my problem? I don’t know if related? Or if he has separate issues. I do not have a reptile vet in my area. I know more than our vet. I so love my chameleons.. they are my babies. (I have 3) my other 2 chameleons are fine.. but I’m scared for them too.. please..

Any ideas and advise will be so appreciated!! I have learned so much from this forum its the only place I go and trust. Thank you

So much..

Mad Max..

Nosy B Blue panther chameleon Male

1 1/2 years old (in my care for 1 1/4 year)

I handle him once a week, tho he would like to come out more

Often. He loves to come out to the happy tree. (X lg. Ficus tree located in my dining room.)

I feed gut loaded crickets.. apple, dandelion greens, sweet potato, carrots and flukers high calcium cricket diet.

Meal worm, wax worms, super worms.

I dust with zoo med repti calcium without D3 five days a week

Zoo med reptivite with D3 2 times a week.

I feed once a day, approximately 10 med. crickets 1 day, worms the next. I have him hunt for the food. I feed shortly after waking up and after morning water.

I water with little dripper 2 times a day for 10 min. I use 8 drops of reptisafe per container. I mist 2 times a day. Also use

Evergreen Pet Supplies Reptile Humidifier/Reptile Fogger - 2 Liter Tank I run on med. all day, turn off at night.

Lighting is exo terra 100 watt intense basking spot

Zilla Slimline Tropical 25 UVB T8 Fluorescent Fixture 18 in.

His basking spot I just noticed is to low, 84 degrees. I worry about putting him so close to light, it can’t be good for there eyes? Should I up the strength of bulb?

I have inclosed a pic to see cage and Max

Attachments

• 27CB7635-4254-43F1-B3F9-E6A0460C694C.jpeg
    27CB7635-4254-43F1-B3F9-E6A0460C694C.jpeg
    369.7 KB · Views: 160
  • 1403951A-EF59-4980-862B-E98FFB81D507.jpeg
    1403951A-EF59-4980-862B-E98FFB81D507.jpeg
    266.7 KB · Views: 156
  • AD80FD1E-E8E9-4DAC-A18F-8B3A7AFF3552.jpeg
    AD80FD1E-E8E9-4DAC-A18F-8B3A7AFF3552.jpeg
    310.7 KB · Views: 157
I
Max has been closing his eyes more than normal and rolling his eyes around when closed. Also I noticed a white milky sticky substance that has come out of his pores? Also top of his head is white, I thought it was him shedding but it’s been white for over a month. I will change his vitamin with D 3 to twice a month. Do you think this could be my problem? I don’t know if related? Or if he has separate issues. I do not have a reptile vet in my area. I know more than our vet. I so love my chameleons.. they are my babies. (I have 3) my other 2 chameleons are fine.. but I’m scared for them too.. please..

Any ideas and advise will be so appreciated!! I have learned so much from this forum its the only place I go and trust. Thank you

So much..

Mad Max..

Often. He loves to come out to the happy tree. (X lg. Ficus tree located in my dining room.)

I feed gut loaded crickets.. apple, dandelion greens, sweet potato, carrots and flukers high calcium cricket diet.

I feed once a day, approximately 10 med. crickets 1 day, worms the next. I have him hunt for the food. I feed shortly after waking up and after morning water.

I water with little dripper 2 times a day for 10 min. I use 8 drops of reptisafe per container. I mist 2 times a day. Also use

Evergreen Pet Supplies Reptile Humidifier/Reptile Fogger - 2 Liter Tank I run on med. all day, turn off at night.

His basking spot I just noticed is to low, 84 degrees. I worry about putting him so close to light, it can’t be good for there eyes? Should I up the strength of bulb?

just checked his basking spot again, it’s 91 degrees. It just needed to be on a bit longer before I could get an accurate reading

So much..

Mad Max..

Does his free range have heat and uvb, if so, what types? How long is he in it? Change out the Fluker’s High Calcium Cricket Diet with either Cricket Crack, Pangea, Mazuri, or Repashy. In the food and nutrition tab in resources, there’s a gutload list if you want to add more organic fresh fruits and veggies. Cut out the mealworms, feed waxworms only as treats, and superworms only for variety, not as a staple. Try hornworms, silkworms, butterworms, black soldier flies and larvae, blue bottle flies, and roaches (red runners, dubias, orange-headed, and ivory-headed can’t climb or fly). Feed only every other day. Leave the dripper on longer than that. The Reptisafe bottle has proper dosing instructions. You need to mist for at least 3 times a day, but preferably for more, especially for panthers, and for at least 2 minutes each, but preferably for 5 minutes or more. Make sure to mist down the entire cage, especially the plants and to gently mist your chameleon so he can clean out his eyes, as well. What are the humidity levels? 85-87*F for a basking spot is perfect for an adult male panther. What size is his cage? Add some branches and vines, mostly horizontal, and some plant more plant cover, as well. Have you read the panther care sheet here? As stated in the other link (even though the other link was a different member-what was that about?), phosphorus-free calcium without D3 should be given every feeding and a multivitamin with D3 (Zoo Med Reptivite with D3) twice monthly (every two weeks).

This seems to be a common issue lately, i wish there was a definite solution. There is afew issues with the husbandry ill point out the ones that could be related to his eye issues.
I believe youre dosing to much D3, calcium with d3 should be used bi monthly and not bi weekly although im not familiar with the d3 supplement you are using.
You need to increase misting 2, 2 minute sessions is not nearly enough, try 3x5 minutes as a minimum.
Im also not familiar with the uvb light youre using so that may be the cause, i would recommend switching to an arcadia 6% HO linear uvb bulb, unless a reliable source says your current uvb light is good.

Kind of hard to see but it one of these white spots, I don’t know if the other spots were the same.
BEDF508D-3C42-468F-A413-824E728A5886.png

This seems to be a common issue lately, i wish there was a definite solution. There is afew issues with the husbandry ill point out the ones that could be related to his eye issues.
I believe youre dosing to much D3, calcium with d3 should be used bi monthly and not bi weekly although im not familiar with the d3 supplement you are using.
You need to increase misting 2, 2 minute sessions is not nearly enough, try 3x5 minutes as a minimum.
Im also not familiar with the uvb light youre using so that may be the cause, i would recommend switching to an arcadia 6% HO linear uvb bulb, unless a reliable source says your current uvb light is good.
Bi monthly means every 2 months, not twice a month, same goes for bi weekly-that’s every other week, not twice a week. Bi weekly is what you want.

image.jpg

Does his free range have heat and uvb, if so, what types? How long is he in it? Change out the Fluker’s High Calcium Cricket Diet with either Cricket Crack, Pangea, Mazuri, or Repashy. In the food and nutrition tab in resources, there’s a gutload list if you want to add more organic fresh fruits and veggies. Cut out the mealworms, feed waxworms only as treats, and superworms only for variety, not as a staple. Try hornworms, silkworms, butterworms, black soldier flies and larvae, blue bottle flies, and roaches (red runners, dubias, orange-headed, and ivory-headed can’t climb or fly). Feed only every other day. Leave the dripper on longer than that. The Reptisafe bottle has proper dosing instructions. You need to mist for at least 3 times a day, but preferably for more, especially for panthers, and for at least 2 minutes each, but preferably for 5 minutes or more. Make sure to mist down the entire cage, especially the plants and to gently mist your chameleon so he can clean out his eyes, as well. What are the humidity levels? 85-87*F for a basking spot is perfect for an adult male panther. What size is his cage? Add some branches and vines, mostly horizontal, and some plant more plant cover, as well. Have you read the panther care sheet here? As stated in the other link (even though the other link was a different member-what was that about?), phosphorus-free calcium without D3 should be given every feeding and a multivitamin with D3 (Zoo Med Reptivite with D3) twice monthly (every two weeks).
ok I will order correct cricket food and change up what they eat. Thank you

Ok will order arcadia 6% HO linear uvb bulb, decrease D3 repti vitamin I have not been misting long enough so will set timer for 3/5 min. I can only do twice a day though because I work. I do use the fogger all day. Anything else I should do? Thank you so much!
Im also not familiar with the uvb light youre using so that may be the cause, i would recommend switching to an arcadia 6% HO linear uvb bulb, unless a reliable source says your current uvb light is g

image.jpg
This is what I call the happy tree, I set temperature in house to 74 degrees 100 watt heat and 10 uvb I spay tree very well before I bring them out and run a floor vapor to add a little warmth and moisture

Back
Top Bottom