Please help me

Holland263

For the past few days my female Jackson chameleon has seemed lethargic, isn't gripping well to her branch's and doesn't seem to be eating, she's also bright green (which isn't normal, she's usually dark green) I've been watering her and she's been drinking from bottle but afterwards she seems to go back to how she was. Is she dehydrated or is there something else? Is she pregnant? Has anyone seen this before?? Thank you!

Before we can really help figure this out we need more info. Look at the sticky note on the forum titled "how to ask for help". Answer the questions with as much specific detail as you can. Your answers will help us tease this out. There could be many things going on.

Female Jackson
2-3 years old
Isn't eating
Gulping water
Sleeping upside down
Loose grip
Lethargic
Just shed for the first time in a few months
I just switched her light bulb to 75 watt infared.

That is all of the information I can give you right now, I need to know what might be going on :-(

Female Jackson
2-3 years old
Isn't eating
Gulping water
Sleeping upside down
Loose grip
Lethargic
Just shed for the first time in a few months
I just switched her light bulb to 75 watt infared.

That is all of the information I can give you right now, I need to know what might be going on :-(

https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

That is the link to fill out. You only gave one detail about your set up, and it is wrong. You should not be using a red light. Chameleons, especially Jacksons, should not get heat at night. Jacksons also prefer it to be on the cooler side all day.
Please fill out that information, it could be any number of things and the information from the sheet will help us be able to narrow it down. Also, based on the severity and number of symptoms, I would recommend a vet trip.

Symptoms like that could mean almost anything. We can't help you pin point potential problems without detailed care information and photos. Time for a vet if you are really concerned about her.

Last edited:
Sounds like a vet visit to me too. I would rather take the time for my cham as the root of the problem may be something small in which case the vet visit will become the norm.

If you have time to post on the forums, you have time to answer a few questions. Your pets life is at risk and you are neglecting to take more serious action. The 'How to Ask for Help' forum takes 5 minutes to fill out. Are you so busy that you do not have a spare 5 minutes that could potentially save your female jacksons chameleon?

If you aren't going to fill out the forum, answer these questions:

Are you providing a UVB light source (this is different from heat)?
Are you supplementing her insects?
What is her basking spot temperature?
What are her humidity levels?
Is she more plump then usual?

I don't have time to do it and I don't use a heat light at night.

I would love to help. But you have provided no information allowing me to troubleshoot why your chameleon is sick. I can think of half a dozen reasons for the symptoms you listed.

Information is free here, but you can't expect us to help if you can't provide the basics we need

Back
Top Bottom