Please help im worried

As has been said, papilloma is essentially a warty growth. It shouldn’t effect the quality nor longevity of your chameleon. One of my girls had one last year. It was removed for biopsy and hasn’t grown back. She has a tiny little scar where it was that probably only I can see because I know it’s there. It is viral though, so I am careful to not pass it on to my other chameleons. Washing hands in between handling, using separate items for each and sanitizing shared surfaces, such as my weighing stick are some of the measures I take, which are things that really should be done regardless. The only thing that it’s really effected is I can’t breed her if I wanted.
Yeah thats horrible Ares is a STUD and meant for breeding 😏. Thank you for the input. Really hoping if it is that (which it looks to be) that my blue ambanja hasn't came in contact with anything Ares has . && I have to be super careful with my new baby Parsons also (which I believe I've been doing but geez) 🙄
Where do you live? I might be able to recommend a vet with good chameleon knowledge.
I live in Central Florida on the Gulf coast side. Just say Ocala Florida because that's pretty close . Thanks for trying to help :/

Yeah thats horrible Ares is a STUD and meant for breeding 😏. Thank you for the input. Really hoping if it is that (which it looks to be) that my blue ambanja hasn't came in contact with anything Ares has . && I have to be super careful with my new baby Parsons also (which I believe I've been doing but geez) 🙄

I live in Central Florida on the Gulf coast side. Just say Ocala Florida because that's pretty close . Thanks for trying to help :/

There‘s an excellent chameleon vet in Orlando. Dr. Bruce

https://myavho.com/

He's my vet too. I live in Naples so it's a 3 1/2 hour drive each way, but completely worth it. Just be prepared to know that he's no-nonsense but a wealth of information, so have all of the answers to his questions available (temps, lighting, food, humidity %, etc.). I just take pics of everything to have easily at hand.

You could also contact the vet ahead of time to see if they will email you their questionairre sheets to complete ahead of time. Also, I was just at Dr. Bruce's in late October and at that time they were only allowing 1 person in at a time so make sure that whatever you are bringing you cham in can be easily handled with 1 person and not 2. I personally use a pop-up laundry mesh for transportation and then transfer them into their own shoe boxes in the parking lot once I'm there to bring them in easily. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom