Please help im worried

RexTheCham

As you can see, he has abit sticking off of him, it’s like the front part of his crest has come of a bit. Is this normal? I really don’t think it is. For a little while, I think he burned the top of it abit because they’re not smart when it comes to heat. And I really need to know if that’s normal for the bit to come off and stick out like that

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 66
It is a thermal burn for temps being too hot. you need to take him to the vet and get silver sulfadiazine cream for it so it heals without becoming infected. Casque burns can be quite bad if infection sets in.
You need to adjust the distance between the heat fixture and the cham. Not sure what your use but either the wattage or the distance is incorrect.

It is a thermal burn for temps being too hot. you need to take him to the vet and get silver sulfadiazine cream for it so it heals without becoming infected. Casque burns can be quite bad if infection sets in.
You need to adjust the distance between the heat fixture and the cham. Not sure what your use but either the wattage or the distance is incorrect.
Yeah, it’s sat on his cage and sometimes he goes way to close to it. Should I move it abit further away?

Yeah, it’s sat on his cage and sometimes he goes way to close to it. Should I move it abit further away?
Can you take a picture of the enclosure with the lights so we can see what your working with?

Also what wattage is the bulb your using?

Regardless you have to get vet treatment to get the cream I mentioned. You really do not want this area becoming infected. They can lose large sections of the casque due to infection. It is quite disgusting and very painful for them.

Back
Top Bottom