Please help i love my child 🥲

yoshi_ismychild

Please help, this is my female panther chameleon named yoshi. She's about a year and a half (they never told me how old she was when I got her) This picture was taken when she had some infertile eggs inside, it wouldn't let me post the video but she's reaching her arm back, almost like a backwards motion as if she had a cramp or something. I figured maybe she needed more calcium on her crickets to be able to lay the eggs, I hadn't seen her do it till today. She's also been purple, she doesn't really drink water but she does still eat her crickets. Today, she pooped and it looked watery, I looked it up and it said it's most likely the blue horn worms I fed her. But with her dark colors and not drinking water, it's all just so scary. I just want her to be okay and take care of her the best I can

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230324-012206_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230324-012206_Gallery.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 20230321_222456.jpg
    20230321_222456.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 33
Welcome to the forum!

What supplements do you use and how often for each. How heavily do you dust with each? I’m particularly looking for them calcium, phos, D3 and type of vitamin A in the supplements.

What uvb lights do you use? Long linear or curled/compact type?

Welcome to the forum!

What supplements do you use and how often for each. How heavily do you dust with each? I’m particularly looking for them calcium, phos, D3 and type of vitamin A in the supplements.

What uvb lights do you use? Long linear or curled/compact type?
Thank you for your quick response. She gets ZooMed Repticalcium everyday moderately dusted on her crickets or other food for the day. She gets ZooMeds Reptivite once every 8 days on all of her crickets for the day. I have a long linear uvb light for her that covers more than 50% of her enclosure, alone with heating lamps.

Does your Reptivite have vitamin D3 in it?
Does the ZooMed Repticalcium have D3 in it?

The arm motion can be a sign of MBD…does she always rest her belly on the branch?

How many insects do you feed her in a week?

Does your Reptivite have vitamin D3 in it?
Does the ZooMed Repticalcium have D3 in it?

The arm motion can be a sign of MBD…does she always rest her belly on the branch?

How many insects do you feed her in a week?
The Reptivite has D3 in it but the Reptivite has no D3. She typically relaxes later in the day and rests her entire body on a branch with her hands a little relaxed. She typically eats crickets and we give her super worms occasionally but only 2 at a time never more. She eats anywhere from 10 to 15 crickets every 2 days.

You said…”The Reptivite has D3 in it but the Reptivite has no D3“…hoping you mean the calcium has no D3 in it. The Reptivite should only be used lightly twice a month.

You said…”She typically relaxes later in the day and rests her entire body on a branch with her hands a little relaxed”…so when she walks around she holds her body up off the branch?

You said…”She typically eats crickets and we give her super worms occasionally but only 2 at a time never more. She eats anywhere from 10 to 15 crickets every 2 days”…32 eggs was a bit more than I like to see a panther chameleon female produce. Overfeeding and temperatures in the basking area over 80F can cause the female to lay too many eggs in a clutch. I would only be feeding her 3 to 5 full sized crickets (or equivalent calorie amount in other insects 2 or 3 times a week to keep the egg production lower.

If she is developing MBD, you will need to correct it asap.A good exotics/chameleon vet can test her calcium levels and give you some liquid calcium to help get the nutrients back in line.

You said…”The Reptivite has D3 in it but the Reptivite has no D3“…hoping you mean the calcium has no D3 in it. The Reptivite should only be used lightly twice a month.

You said…”She typically relaxes later in the day and rests her entire body on a branch with her hands a little relaxed”…so when she walks around she holds her body up off the branch?

You said…”She typically eats crickets and we give her super worms occasionally but only 2 at a time never more. She eats anywhere from 10 to 15 crickets every 2 days”…32 eggs was a bit more than I like to see a panther chameleon female produce. Overfeeding and temperatures in the basking area over 80F can cause the female to lay too many eggs in a clutch. I would only be feeding her 3 to 5 full sized crickets (or equivalent calorie amount in other insects 2 or 3 times a week to keep the egg production lower.

If she is developing MBD, you will need to correct it asap.A good exotics/chameleon vet can test her calcium levels and give you some liquid calcium to help get the nutrients back in line.
I did mean the calcium has no D3 yes, sorry about that. She holds herself up fine while moving around, she only rests her body when she's staying still. We will cut back her feeding for sure, thank you very much for the advice and I will be trying to find a vet nearby as soon as possible.

Can you post a picture of her entire enclosure including the lighting on top please?

Also it looks like you are fogging the cage with the lights on. You want to stop doing this since this can cause them to develop a respiratory infection.
Please also post a pic of the front labels of your supplements.

Can you post a picture of her entire enclosure including the lighting on top please?

Also it looks like you are fogging the cage with the lights on. You want to stop doing this since this can cause them to develop a respiratory infection.
Please also post a pic of the front labels of your supplements.

Attachments

• 20230324_113332.jpg
    20230324_113332.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230324_113403.jpg
    20230324_113403.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 20230324_113459.jpg
    20230324_113459.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 20230324_113502.jpg
    20230324_113502.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 39
Ok I need to know if the long linear UVB is a T8 or T5 fixture and what the bulb strength is. On the bulb it should say 5.0 or 10.0. There is a really big difference in these fixtures and bulbs strengths so this is very important to get right.

With the supplements you want to use the calcium without D3 At all feedings and then Use the reptivite with D3 only 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th.

She should have a permanent lay bin in her cage as well. THe cage size looks like the chameleon kit which will not give her enough room or accommodate a lay bin so you want to upgrade your cage size to the 2x2x4foot enclosure size.

Back
Top Bottom