del rey

CAGE: SREEN 24 X 18
LIGHTING: ZOOMED REPTISUN 5.0 / 75W REPTISUN
TEMP:93
HUMIDITY: 46%
PLANTS: FICUS

CHAM: AMBANJA PANTHER 4MO. MALE
HANDLING: VERY SELDOM
FEEDING: DUSTED CRIX/ WAX LOADED W/ FLUKERS CRICKET FEED, CRIX QUENCHER, ORANGE CUBE, FRESH VEGGIES
DUST: MINERALL, REP-CALCALCIUM W/VIT D , HERPTIVTE
WATERING: MIST KING SYSTEM & DRIPPER
FECAL: NORMAL
HISTORY: CAPTIVE BRED KAMMERFLAGE KREATIONS - FATHER: VINYARION

I don't know wha to do. My 5 mo. old panther has been sluggish and has had one eye closed for a few days , now both eyes are glued shut. Itried to moisten his eyelids with a Qtip but the really seem to be stuck today. I live in Corpus Christi TX. and we really don't have a secialized vet. Can someone please help

Here's one:
OSO Creek Animal Hospital and Emergency Center
7713 South Staples Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78413
Tel: (361) 994-1145
Fax: (361) 994-0178
[Website]

Your temps are pretty high and that is a small cage-is the window also providing any kind of heat? I would lower them-a 75W bulb may be too much.

The temps do sound a little high. But i would also say you need to have a fecal done. Sorry to say it is a good possibility that your little guy has some sort of parasite. If that is the case it would need to be identified and treated.

Does anyone have that reptile vet link handy?

~Joe

perhaps the ficus was the culprit. i have heard that certain ficus' leaves have an irritating sap/pitch. try a shefferla (sp?)

When you put him in the shower aim the water to hit the wall, then put him in the mist. The shower droplets are too big and might make him fall off his branch. It is the mist and steam that will do him good.

Took del rey to the vet after work today, I was suprised to see his eyes open when we arrived. Dr. Tristan was very knowledgeable and very helpful. He looked him over and seemed to think that the problem had to do with the humidity level. We discussed other possibilities but he wanted to try a saline solution for about a week and adjust the humidity to see if his condition would improve, if not he would take a different approach. For now this is great news, I thought he was a gone-er after seeing his eyes suck. I turned on the mister and spayed his eye lids for awhile last night and i think it helped a little. Oh, the the visit and saline were not expensive at all.

Back
Top Bottom