Please help! Chameleon has not eaten in days.

Srsalazar

This is Papi. We have had him for about 5 months now. he eats mealworms and crickets. We use Flukers calcium w/o V3. The bulb he has is a 5.0 T5 UVB bulb, we use the fogger at night, and he has a dripper.

He has not eaten in 4 days now. He seems to be very weak. Constantly shuts his eyes. And is a very pale pastel green (he is only ever this color while sleeping).
EC302A27-5BB1-418E-9E19-67651A7A15E0.jpeg

Attachments

• E497887B-1E89-46CB-A468-9C5297F1C19B.jpeg
    E497887B-1E89-46CB-A468-9C5297F1C19B.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 59
Baby is showing signs of MBD as well. You need a reptile vet.
I am guessing the lighting is not what you are thinking it is.... Take a pic of the lights so we can see what your working with.

Baby is showing signs of MBD as well. You need a reptile vet.
I am guessing the lighting is not what you are thinking it is.... Take a pic of the lights so we can see what your working with.
Thank you so much for replying. Here is a picture of my lighting. Shortly after getting Papi I purchased new lighting due to having the ones that come in kits. I specifically bought these because someone told me these were best to prevent MBD. I have the linear bulb in the back and the heat bulb on (I don’t use the compact uvb bulb). I feel terrible now finding out these too are incorrect!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 57
Thank you so much for replying. Here is a picture of my lighting. Shortly after getting Papi I purchased new lighting due to having the ones that come in kits. I specifically bought these because someone told me these were best to prevent MBD. I have the linear bulb in the back and the heat bulb on (I don’t use the compact uvb bulb). I feel terrible now finding out these too are incorrect!
The linear is correct but what is the distance to the basking branch below it? And how long have you had the linear fixture for him?

Regardless you really need a reptile vet. Eyes closed mean the cham is sick and in distress.

There are multiply enclosure items but as @MissSkittles said these can all be addressed once vet care is done. Right now it won't matter if we go over husbandry because that will not save the cham. The only thing that will is medical care. Then we can assist with info on the enclosure.

Regardless you really need a reptile vet. Eyes closed mean the cham is sick and in distress.

There are multiply enclosure items but as @MissSkittles said these can all be addressed once vet care is done. Right now it won't matter if we go over husbandry because that will not save the cham. The only thing that will is medical care. Then we can assist with info on the enclosure.
Yes. Thank you so much.

Back
Top Bottom