Please critique my enclosures (Again)

ZEROPILOT

Avid Member
My 3 male Veiled Chameleons live in 3 XXL Reptibreeze cages.
Each cage has a "Little Dripper" that drips for about 2 hours a day. First thing in the morning. And I have a MISTKING with a nozzle in each cage that mists for 3 minutes 5 times over a 24 hour period in each cage. Each cage constantly drains through holes in the bottom of the cages into buckets. The cages dry out between misting in the afternoon.
For warmth I have a 60 watt incandescent bulb that keeps the basking area at about 80 to 82. The room temperature is 73. And that is the overnight temperature.
Each cage has a Sheflerra in it and many grape vine branches. I have an LED plant light for each. I'd like to ad some plastic vines. But I'm concerned about my chams eating plastic.
I have a T5 HO 5.0 UV strip light on each cage. I have a level of 3.0 at the most common basking branch in each cage. (As checked by my UV meter)
I have shower curtain material mostly covering 3 sides of each enclosure to keep out drafts in my air conditioned house and to hold in some more humidity.
The Chameleons all act normal. Look normal. Poop normal...
Am I finally doing everything correct?
The last time I was sure I had it correct, a few additional things were pointed out to me.
Thank you!

Attachments

• 20200214_103054.jpg
    20200214_103054.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 20200214_103259.jpg
    20200214_103259.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 162
I would just use PVC panels on the sides and back. It cost more, and is a little more work. I feel it looks better, it adds MUCH needed rigidity to the Screen Cages, and is a more permanent solution. You can also add foam and eco earth walls, with the PVC sides, which also helps increase humidity, Looks great, and is just IMO all around better :).

Thats a Major change, that would likely involve buying an extra cage to house each in temporarily until theirs was done though. Just a thought if your hankering for a project :). IMO, everyone should have Bioactive Enclosed Vivs, screen cages were a needed compromise that we needed, way back when to get chams to Survive, Bio Enclosed cages is what we need for them to Thrive :).
*"These Statements are only my opinion and have not been Verified by the Chameleon FDA"

Other than that, Add more Greenery :p. Looks like a good Start!

My 3 male Veiled Chameleons live in 3 XXL Reptibreeze cages.
Each cage has a "Little Dripper" that drips for about 2 hours a day. First thing in the morning. And I have a MISTKING with a nozzle in each cage that mists for 3 minutes 5 times over a 24 hour period in each cage. Each cage constantly drains through holes in the bottom of the cages into buckets. The cages dry out between misting in the afternoon.
For warmth I have a 60 watt incandescent bulb that keeps the basking area at about 80 to 82. The room temperature is 73. And that is the overnight temperature.
Each cage has a Sheflerra in it and many grape vine branches. I have an LED plant light for each. I'd like to ad some plastic vines. But I'm concerned about my chams eating plastic.
I have a T5 HO 5.0 UV strip light on each cage. I have a level of 3.0 at the most common basking branch in each cage. (As checked by my UV meter)
I have shower curtain material mostly covering 3 sides of each enclosure to keep out drafts in my air conditioned house and to hold in some more humidity.
The Chameleons all act normal. Look normal. Poop normal...
Am I finally doing everything correct?
The last time I was sure I had it correct, a few additional things were pointed out to me.
Thank you!
More leafs for hiding spots

I have cages outdoors too.
Each time I do anything major with a cage indoors, outside they go.
It's technically Winter time. But its 77 to 85 degrees.

I want to ad more vines. But like I said, I'm worried about the chams eating plastic.
as for branches and vines, you can go find natural sticks, even if you don’t have and woods,or beaches near by, you can go out and find branches pre cut and around the right size after people have a lawn team come or they do it themselves. I got an amazing bunch from Japanese blueberry trees:
7CF3AF0E-BF7C-49C6-A3DB-D94C2424F4CD.jpeg

I have hundreds of feet of grape vine.
I just chopped up a huge grapevine.
I'm referring to leafy hiding areas.
My Schefflera are still small.
I also have a few Pothos on there. Also still small.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom