plastic /real

evildude

i have a 65 gallon screened enclosure and i was just wondering if it is ok to mix plastic plants and real plants as i have plastic plants at the moment and i have 2 benjamims ready to go in but betty like's climbing the plastic plants and hiding up by the uv light she does not bask(29.5c 60w ) that much but i have only had her to days so she might just be shy:)

Last edited:
Yeah, real plants are very beneficial. I would get rid of the fake plants and just use the two ficus, as long as they are large enough to provide climbing and hiding spaces for your chameleon. She will get used to the live plants, she will do a lot of exploring when you change them out. Before you put the live plants make sure it is pestiside free and wash the whole plant with soapy water and make sure you cover up the soil with screen or large pebbles. She may eat the leaves from the plant as well which is ok for her to do.

i have a 65 gallon screened enclosure and i was just wondering if it is ok to mix plastic plants and real plants as i have plastic plants at the moment and i have 2 benjamims ready to go in but betty like's climbing the plastic plants and hiding up by the uv light she does not bask(29.5c 60w ) that much but i have only had her to days so she might just be shy:)

we have a mix. if you have a cham like our boy Toby; he LOVES his fake plants, completely ignores the real thing lol

Back
Top Bottom