Plastic mesh for walls

nightanole

Chameleon Enthusiast
So ive never had a cham other than a baby play on the window screen sides. I am making a new huge cage and was wondering if i should use thick (1/16") 1/2" plastic mesh (http://www.industrialnetting.com/cage.html) to see if he would play on it.

Its a gamble because i cant use screen runner to make the cage, it all has to be stud sides. But if it works out hes got like 128 square feet of additional crawl area.

i think that's a great idea, my adult veiled climbs all over his aluminum screen and makes me wish i'd gotten some kind of plastic mesh like that instead.

The only problem with plastic mesh is that the lights could potentially melt it and crickets can chew through it! Crickets will make a lot of holes in plastic/fiberglass screening and the crickets get everywhere except your chameleon's mouths. I learned this lesson the hard way...

If its the same stuff I bought, it might not work as well the wire mesh. The stuff I got looks round but is actually flat on the inside. My babies refused to climb on it to get off the bottom of the cage because of the awkward shape. Of course, my own experience.

Back
Top Bottom