Plants?

Hello again guys! Anyways I was wondering on what would be the best plant that's edible, non toxic, and really good to climb on? Thanks guys :D

Sheffelera(aka umbrella or arboricola), ficus, ficus benjamin, pothos are all good. Hibscus are nice because they have sturdy branches but they flower and are somewhat hard to keep indoors.

well i have a "little gold angel" or better known as ficus benjamina or ficus its non toxic and i hear a lot of cham owners use them..

u do know to clean with soap and watter and replant into new organic soil right?

well i have a "little gold angel" or better known as ficus benjamina or ficus its non toxic and i hear a lot of cham owners use them..

u do know to clean with soap and watter and replant into new organic soil right?

No I do t ._. I'll ask my mom on how to clean it >.> or you wanna give me advice on when to change the soil or when it's time to clean the plants?? Oh and when I buy the plant don't I have to exchange the soil with something organic?

When you buy plants from nurseries or places like home depot or lowes, walmart etc, most likely they have been sprayed with pesticides to keep the bugs away and there is always fertilizer in the soil. You will see those little blue and white balls in the soil...so you want to wash your plant real good with soap and water to wash any of the chemicals away. You can use dish soap and fill a bucket of water and then submerge your plant upside down in the bucket. Let it soak in ther for a few minutes and then rinse it off really good. After that get rid of the old soil and put some fresh soil in there, we say organic cause it does not contain any fertilizers. After that you need to get some LARGE river rocks(a size your chameleon could never swallow) and cover your dirt up so you chameleon does not have access to eating the dirt.

When you buy plants from nurseries or places like home depot or lowes, walmart etc, most likely they have been sprayed with pesticides to keep the bugs away and there is always fertilizer in the soil. You will see those little blue and white balls in the soil...so you want to wash your plant real good with soap and water to wash any of the chemicals away. You can use dish soap and fill a bucket of water and then submerge your plant upside down in the bucket. Let it soak in ther for a few minutes and then rinse it off really good. After that get rid of the old soil and put some fresh soil in there, we say organic cause it does not contain any fertilizers. After that you need to get some LARGE river rocks(a size your chameleon could never swallow) and cover your dirt up so you chameleon does not have access to eating the dirt.

Gosh... Sounds like a lot of work... The pesticide makes me nervous now :/ I'll try my best on whatever I can do.... If not then ima stick with fake plants :(

Only issue with fake plants is they don't keep humidity, which sucks since most chameleons need 50-60% humidity.

Well I know that fake plants don't keep humidity as good as real plants but is it ok to have all fake plants or have atleast one plant? If I ever het a real one where's the best place to get one?

Gosh... Sounds like a lot of work... The pesticide makes me nervous now :/ I'll try my best on whatever I can do.... If not then ima stick with fake plants :(

Chameleons in general are a lot of work, but washing/ replanting isn't so bad, you really only have to do it once (tho I do give them a good rinse when I do a full cage clean).
I've found schefflera and pythos to hold up best (for me).

Chameleons in general are a lot of work, but washing/ replanting isn't so bad, you really only have to do it once (tho I do give them a good rinse when I do a full cage clean).
I've found schefflera and pythos to hold up best (for me).

Aha I don't mind taking care o the chameleon even though I'm new at it. The plants sound harder xD the only Thingy I have trouble is picking up the crickets when I try to put it in the cage :( theyre hard to pick up. Am I suppose to pick it up with a utensil or something?

I can not stand crickets. I use long 10inch tongs to grab them up. Just have to be careful not to crush them.

For the plants just look at the lists posted on here and check them out yourself. Will be trial and error what you can keep alive. It really shouldn't matter where you get them so long as you wash and replant them.

It took me literally 10minates to repot a dwarf umbrella plant. Also let's you pick out new pots to add some class to your enclosure.

Back
Top Bottom