plants?>

denika232

Hello,
ive been wondering what kind of plants are good to put in my veiled's cage?

ive heard vines are toxic?
is this one okay?

fds.jpg
sorry if im not in the good cathegory,i didnt know where to post this !

Thanks for youre answers:)
have a nice day !

I don't know about the plant in that picture, but the two most common plants used for chams would probably be either Schefflera Arboricola or Ficus Benjamina. I use a nice big schefflera and fills up my guy's cage really well :) He loves it! People also often use pothos

Here is a link to a list of safe plants: http://www.flchams.com/safe_plant_list.asp

i think what you have is a philodendron (i'm not sure)... it's a bit hard to tell as they looked very much a like.
But, philodendron is NOT a good choice to have inside your cham's cage.

thats a phildendrian...i have them as house plants they will hurt your cham if he eats the leaves...espassially vields since they are plant eaters....but pothose ussaly have more white in the leaves then the philidendrians do.

thats a phildendrian...i have them as house plants they will hurt your cham if he eats the leaves...espassially vields since they are plant eaters....but pothose ussaly have more white in the leaves then the philidendrians do.

uh... not necessarily..
check this Philodendron:
PR_Foliage_Philodendron.jpg

that is a pothos.

AHAHAHA!
I see you edit your post ;)
That's okay..no offense taken.

When you say cream colored: you mean the fact that the leaves are variegated, yeah?
The image i posted there is actually a philodendron. Not, a pothos.
There is a way to differentiate it.
But, best to have pothos and philodendron side by side to explain.

They can be very similar in appearance.
Variegated philodendron, although a bit rare to see sold in local walmart and home depot, does exist.
If you run your hand around the vine, you will feel that Pothos vine has ridges and rough while Philo is smooth.
Since I only have Denika's pics as a guide, I would venture a guess and said it is philodendron based on the skinny vines.
Pothos' vine are sturdier and bigger.
However, I can be wrong.. Since, I don't have a direct access to Denika's plants.

Check this link:
http://waterroots.com/pothos.htm
lol, after all, having a botanist as a mother sometimes prove to be handy in chameleon business. :p

Last edited:
AHAHAHA!
I see you edit your post ;)
That's okay..no offense taken.

When you say cream colored: you mean the fact that the leaves are variegated, yeah?
The image i posted there is actually a philodendron. Not, a pothos.
There is a way to differentiate it.
But, best to have pothos and philodendron side by side to explain.

They can be very similar in appearance.
Variegated philodendron, although a bit rare to see sold in local walmart and home depot, does exist.
If you run your hand around the vine, you will feel that Pothos vine has ridges and rough while Philo is smooth.
Since I only have Denika's pics as a guide, I would venture a guess and said it is philodendron based on the skinny vines.
Pothos' vine are sturdier and bigger.
However, I can be wrong.. Since, I don't have a direct access to Denika's plant

Check this link:
http://waterroots.com/pothos.htm
lol, after all, having a botanist as a mother sometimes prove to be handy in chameleon business. :p
hey no fair your a moderator you weren't suppose to see that i shot that out before i read your pic then i went back and shamefully cleaned it up you quick lol:eek:

DODOLAH you are so right i have both here in my sun room and what you said is exact thanks for some very usefull knowledge:D

I just want to clarify to people that sometimes checking on the leaves and its color are not always an accurate way to differentiate between pothos and philodendron.

The best way to check is via the vine, imho.

Back
Top Bottom