Plants?

danny_cham

Established Member
Hello! Been a while since I’ve been in here.

I was recently given a plant but I have no idea what kind it is and google hasn’t been much help.
AE15AFCD-DB47-4463-BFE2-477D29AF27EF.jpeg
3DD318CB-0A1B-441E-8B03-80A1683F02FF.jpeg

Any idea what this is and if it’s reptile safe?

Hi!!

Thatcher is correct, that is indeed a Hoya Carnosa. I have seen a few people say they keep Hoya in their cages, I’ll refer you to this image of another post about the same topic, likely the one Thatcher looked at.

If you have a plant eater, I’d probably steer clear, and honestly, there are much better, more fast growing plants that would be more suitable to a reptile. As the post I am referring to states, and having quite a bit of experience with Hoya as houseplants, they will get overwatered very fast and will die. A pothos or philodendron would be much better for a vivarium. You DO, however, have a beautiful plant that you could just put on a table with bright indirect sunlight, water once a week, and see some of the coolest flowers on earth bloom!

Attachments

• 64ABBBF6-5B05-4104-928A-B991ECA5520E.jpeg
    64ABBBF6-5B05-4104-928A-B991ECA5520E.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 30
Yeah if I had a veiled I would not use a Hoya and would definitely adhere to chameleon academy plant list. Panthers give a bit more leeway haha
It’s going to be for a crested gecko so I’m not super concerned about it eating the plants.
I do have a panther though. So if it does end up in his enclosure instead I’m not too concerned about that either! I’ve never noticed him munching on his plants

Back
Top Bottom