Plants

Which 1

• Total voters
The one you want.

Two of those are great centerpiece plants, and all three look completely different than each other.
I've owned all three. My panther climbed all over the Ficus (Weeping Fig—it died) and still climbs all over the Schefflera (Umbrella Plant). He climbs the vines of the Philodendron, but not as much, as it's more of a climber/trailing plant.

I got a braided Ficus Tree couple weeks ago online (they've been hard to get locally) and I can't be happier! Ares loves it bc of how thick it is in the center. I've noticed he's slept in it multiple nights now also. The umbrella tree I've had also and it worked really well for my boy when he was a baby. Gave many of spots to climb and sleep/ drink water . Only downside is mine started to die and it took up almost my whole cage at the time which was an 18x18x36 haha . Deff both good center pieces imo

I got a braided Ficus Tree couple weeks ago online (they've been hard to get locally) and I can't be happier! Ares loves it bc of how thick it is in the center. I've noticed he's slept in it multiple nights now also. The umbrella tree I've had also and it worked really well for my boy when he was a baby. Gave many of spots to climb and sleep/ drink water . Only downside is mine started to die and it took up almost my whole cage at the time which was an 18x18x36 haha . Deff both good center pieces imo
Keep an eye on your ficus. ;) I bought a gorgeous braided trunk as well, and my cham loved it. At one point it inexplicably began dropping leaves. We thought it was drafts, watering issues, and a few other things, then we found it was bugs that were very difficult to see until it was too late. Hate to see it happen to anyone else.

Keep an eye on your ficus. ;) I bought a gorgeous braided trunk as well, and my cham loved it. At one point it inexplicably began dropping leaves. We thought it was drafts, watering issues, and a few other things, then we found it was bugs that were very difficult to see until it was too late. Hate to see it happen to anyone else.
Wow that's horrible ! How long did it take for that to happen ? I wonder if the tree came with bugs or somehow acquired them ? Thanks for the heads up. I LOVE this tree and actually gonna buy a 2nd one for my new Dragonstrand coming in 2 weeks . They're kinda expensive but so far my cham loves it !

Wow that's horrible ! How long did it take for that to happen ? I wonder if the tree came with bugs or somehow acquired them ?
Hard to say on either account; we never saw anything during initial inspection (Missus has lots of plants, so she's diligent about isolating & checking out new arrivals). Whatever they were, they weren't interested in any of the other 10 plants in the enclosure, or in any of dozens on the plant table next to it. Just the Ficus Benjamina.

Once the leaves started dropping, I think it was only a couple weeks.

My ficus was dropping leaves today I noticed. I hope it was because I hadn’t watered it yet and not because of bugs! Eustis loves his ficus because he can hide in it and I can’t find him! Lol!

Back
Top Bottom