plants that don't need much sunlight

mimibozzo

My male and female panther chameleons both have big cages and the male also free ranges, they are both by windows but unfortunately there are a lot of shade trees and not a lot of sunlight comes through. I buy them large ficus trees but they end of shedding their leaves and dying within a couple months. So, can anyone recommend some trees and/or plants that don't require a lot of sunlight? (besides fake ones of course :)) And does anyone have any ideas on how to make something or the inside of the cage to hang plants from?

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....

Not a direct answer to your question but if you really like the ficus trees maybe you would want to look into different lighting for your cage that would support both your chameleon as well as your plants.

I would recommend a double light fixture that would contain a UVB bulb as well as a 6.5k daylight bulb. That would provide an excellent light source for both your chameleons and your plants.

We use small plastic hooks inside our cage that screw into the aluminium tracking to hold some plants. They can't support a ton of weight but if you are talking about something smaller that might be something you could do in your cage.

Potho's! Mine thrive in a Chameleon cage. More light would probably help your Ficus, but a Potho's plant does not require a lot of light.

I agree, my pothos thrives in my chameleons cage. Actually its doing better then my umbrella plant in the cage. I also agree. The right lighting would really help. Maybe if you try and talk to some site sponsors. Tell them your cage dimensions and what type of chameleon you have and how old, they can find a good lighting set up for you.

good luck. keeping plants alive are a doozy

Back
Top Bottom