Plants that do well in direct light?

Great now I want an ackie and a blue tongued skink. So cute! ?

How small/big do the rocks need to be? The ones I got from Amazon we're smaller than I thought but seem less likely to be eaten.

IMG_20200803_135912.jpg

Great now I want an ackie and a blue tongued skink. So cute! ?

How small/big do the rocks need to be? The ones I got from Amazon we're smaller than I thought but seem less likely to be eaten.

View attachment 273809
Yeah those bagged rocks are correct... if there are smaller risky pieces in it pull them out. I buy the same type from dollar store I use the larger pieces in mine and have not had an issue. I would remove as much of the pebble as possible before adding the bigger rock though.

Btw @Klyde O'Scope Clint's videos have me considering a gargoyle gecko now. My boyfriend saw me looking at them and said "You're going to get another reptile aren't you?" ? It always sounds like such a good idea at first and then you're breeding roaches and foraging for mulberry in your neighborhood like a wild woman. Geckos seem low maintenance compared to chams tho.

I took a serious look at several different species of geckos. From what I recall:
1. Most of them are crepuscular (depends when you want to observe them active)
2. Most species "bark"—at night (can be annoying to some)
3. They tend to drop their tails—often with little/no reason

None of those facts should dissuade you; they might make a difference, or might not.
Just stuff that stuck in my mind from researching lots of 'em.

I don't recall the specifics of gargoyle geckos, though they were high on my list. It was over a year ago, but I still have cards & impressions from quite a few breeders (Northeastern US).

Ooo good intel on them being at the dollar store! This looks better, no? I dumped out nearly all of the small rocks before adding these in.
I think they look better, but it's your enclosure! ;)

I started using the pebbles for my beardie enclosure. I wanted to use live plants, but didn't want them raising the humidity, and I didn't want Ol' Stinkeye digging them up (as beardies are wont to do... :rolleyes:) The pebbles work—they keep too much moisture from evaporating, and so far (fingers crossed) he hasn't dug any up in a year, though he's eaten and/or destroyed many. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom