PLANTS!!! Need some knowledgeable advice

KristinM

I am really trying to fill up my Larry's HUGE cage with a lot of plants. I have an Umbrella tree that has THRIVED, a Pothos that has replaced a spider plant that was not doing so well, and I just added a beautiful Coleus Watermelon for color, and a cute little Pilea. Its starting to look really great but I just read that Coleus plants could be susceptible to some viruses. I want to brighten up the cage with some colors but not at my chameleon's expense. Coleus was on the safe plant list. I guess I just want plant advice. I have a powersun right now but I am about to order the "24″ HO T5 Quad Light Fixture – Arcadia 6% & 6.5K Daylight Bulbs", I am way excited to get it. Here is a picture of my setup, and I cant wait to take a before and after picture when I get the arcadia. Anyways back to the subject, PLANT ADVICE.

photo.php

I am really trying to fill up my Larry's HUGE cage with a lot of plants. I have an Umbrella tree that has THRIVED, a Pothos that has replaced a spider plant that was not doing so well, and I just added a beautiful Coleus Watermelon for color, and a cute little Pilea. Its starting to look really great but I just read that Coleus plants could be susceptible to some viruses. I want to brighten up the cage with some colors but not at my chameleon's expense. Coleus was on the safe plant list. I guess I just want plant advice. I have a powersun right now but I am about to order the "24″ HO T5 Quad Light Fixture – Arcadia 6% & 6.5K Daylight Bulbs", I am way excited to get it. Here is a picture of my setup, and I cant wait to take a before and after picture when I get the arcadia. Anyways back to the subject, PLANT ADVICE.

photo.php

A plant virus may not affect a reptile at all. As long as you are not using plants that are known to be toxic if ingested you should be OK.

photo.php

I don't believe chameleons can contract diseases from plants at all.... I'm glad you found a safe plant list! It can be so complicating sometimes... Anyway I think coleus will do fine, just make sure if you get it from a nursery its fertilizer and pesticide free, thats what will hurt your little Larry... good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom