Plants from Lowe’s/home depot safe ?

Hytgh5

I’ll be getting my Cham soon, I was talking to the breeder and I told him I had a couple of live plants ready for the Cham. He warned me and advised to not use them because of the pesticides and said he’s had problems w them in the past. He said I can wash them but advised to just use fakes so now I’m a little confused. Idk if I should used them or not. I wiped them down w a wet cloth but not sure if that’s enough... now I’m just scared if I should or not. I got them from Home Depot and one from Lowe’s. It’s a pothos and a umbrella plants. What should I do

I use plants from HD, Lowe’s and Walmart all the time. From my blog.

You will need live plants for your cage to help keep up the humidity. I really like the Pothos it seems to hold the water for a long time and also does quite well inside. The Ficus and Schefflera also do great indoors. The Hibiscus is a favorite of the veileds but needs allot of light so your need to use hibiscus outside or have a couple to rotate from inside to outside for sun. Your plants will need to be washed and rinsed well and replanted before you use them. Use organic soil and buy large river rocks to cover the soil so your cham will not be able to eat the soil. Make sure the rocks are very large so the cham cannot eat the rocks.

I wash and repot my plants (most bought at Lowes). I found an awesome hibiscus tree at home depot however it was marked as being treated with neonicotinoids, which supposedly Home Depot stopped selling last year. Neonicotinoids apparently get absorbed by the plant and take years to flush out. So I took it back. It seems impossible to find hibiscus that wasn't treated with it or something similar. I want the hibiscus for edibility, but don't think I'll add one due to the pesticides.

I wash and repot my plants (most bought at Lowes). I found an awesome hibiscus tree at home depot however it was marked as being treated with neonicotinoids, which supposedly Home Depot stopped selling last year. Neonicotinoids apparently get absorbed by the plant and take years to flush out. So I took it back. It seems impossible to find hibiscus that wasn't treated with it or something similar. I want the hibiscus for edibility, but don't think I'll add one due to the pesticides.

I bought a 'salad' hibiscus online. I'll have to find the site. Not all hibiscus are 100% edible, but the tropical kind are. I'll have to find the species name. Has dark red flowers and the leaves kind of look like cannabis leaves lol. Every part from flower to root is edible, the leaves actually had like a citrus-like taste. I liked them, used them in my blender shakes. And of course as gutload.

I bought a 'salad' hibiscus online. I'll have to find the site. Not all hibiscus are 100% edible, but the tropical kind are. I'll have to find the species name. Has dark red flowers and the leaves kind of look like cannabis leaves lol. Every part from flower to root is edible, the leaves actually had like a citrus-like taste. I liked them, used them in my blender shakes. And of course as gutload.

That would be great if you could recall it! I was thinking of trying nasturtium but the hibiscus tree would have been my veileds Barbie Dream House.

Back
Top Bottom