Plant stands?

pepperkeeper

Hi, I am trying to create more levels in my chameleon's cage and add in more natural plants (he currently has a mix of a silk plant that he came with and real plants). I would like to know the down sides of using plant stands. I have not repotted or cleaned the plants yet, photo is just to show the stands as an example. Thanks!
IMG-1584.jpg

Plant stands are probably OK as long as they can take all the misting, fogging, etc, and there's nothing sharp that may cut the cham's foot (someone had that problem here a while back).

I have an umbrella plant that's shorter than the other 2 centerpiece plants around it, so I put it's pot up on another of the same size pot turned upside down. Works great and doesn't look horrible (IMO).

I have another (pitcher plant) that hangs on one of the horizontal branches.

Plant stands are probably OK as long as they can take all the misting, fogging, etc, and there's nothing sharp that may cut the cham's foot (someone had that problem here a while back).

I have an umbrella plant that's shorter than the other 2 centerpiece plants around it, so I put it's pot up on another of the same size pot turned upside down. Works great and doesn't look horrible (IMO).

I have another (pitcher plant) that hangs on one of the horizontal branches.
Turning a pot upside down is a great idea. Thank you for the feedback and warnings.

I just remembered my Missus has a pothos climbing a metal trellis that she's volunteered for the enclosure. There's really no more room, but I may have to figure something out...
I have a piece of ceiling egg crate up against the back wall, and a couple of vine plants climbing it, but one isn't doing too well. Might make a substitution using the egg crate instead of the metal trellis.

Just another possibility...

Back
Top Bottom