Plant safe heat light?

Hi, I was wondering if there is a Heat light/lamp that is safe for plants? I am using heat lamps for my chams but they get so hot that it is killing my plant that are in the chams cages. Any ideas what to do? :confused:

Hi, I was wondering if there is a Heat light/lamp that is safe for plants? I am using heat lamps for my chams but they get so hot that it is killing my plant that are in the chams cages. Any ideas what to do? :confused:

Trim the plant or position it so the top leaves aren't so close to the heat. The plant will eventually prune itself too. Provide a bare branch for a basking perch instead. Heat is going to burn your plants no matter what type of light you use.

i lost a few leaves from my light..its a 60wat house bulb in a dome and sits right on the cage and theres a section of one of my vines that arches up within 2-3 inches of it...that whole 3-4 in long piece is now bare..but the other sides that are away from it on both sides are doing fine..the previous poster said it.. they will prune themselves if need be.. or trim it back.. i had a 100 wat "heat" lamp at fist(came with the cage) but that roasted everything in the top 8 inches when i switched to live plants (the ones that came with it were all plastic) that let me know without even having to test the temp that it was too strong of a light.

Back
Top Bottom