Plant Question

I would love to add an orchid to my enclosure. What did you find made yours successful?

Depending on the species. Moth orchids require plenty of light, make sure you have a good plant light. You can wrap a bunch of moist sphagnum moss to the roots with a zip tie or something, then secure it at the upper section of your enclosure. Maybe tie the sphagnum moss bundle onto a branch or something. They pretty much thrive in tropical conditions.

Depending on the species. Moth orchids require plenty of light, make sure you have a good plant light. You can wrap a bunch of moist sphagnum moss to the roots with a zip tie or something, then secure it at the upper section of your enclosure. Maybe tie the sphagnum moss bundle onto a branch or something. They pretty much thrive in tropical conditions.
No pot? Just open air?

This is the plant I ended up getting. First trial run, I think it’s to big. Haha

Attachments

• 729A3CA6-D229-4310-9D17-1B335DF0388B.jpeg
    729A3CA6-D229-4310-9D17-1B335DF0388B.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 126
  • E25F80EC-FA91-4369-88DE-F15ACB90D613.jpeg
    E25F80EC-FA91-4369-88DE-F15ACB90D613.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 138
A hearty pothos plant! I have one that has vines almost as thick as my pinky. The one in Pesto's enclosure is almost bigger than this one now. The grow bulb in his quad fixture has made it super thick and sturdy, and I've only had it for about 2 months now so they grow crazy quick under those bulbs
which bulb is that? im looking for that perfect bulb for my plants?

which bulb is that? im looking for that perfect bulb for my plants?
I just got a T5 bulb off of amazon, but if you're looking for a really good grow bulb the Jungle Dawn bulbs by arcadia are the way to go! They are just seperate from the quad fixture

Back
Top Bottom