plant mold

clntstime

hello all, here are some picks of my set up. i have a question about mold. i have 2 potted pathos in the cage and am having a problem with one of them. i have re potted using total organic soil, and am having a mold problem on the top soil. it is a white cottony mold. any suggestions on what could be done would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DSCN3018.jpg
    DSCN3018.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCN3028.jpg
    DSCN3028.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 169
I'd shovel that top layer of soil out. I prefer to cover all of the soil in the pots with river rocks so that the cham can't ingest soil and become impacted. The cage needs to dry out fully in between waterings. This includes the top layers of soil. If you don't let the soil dry out you will get mold and fungus gnats. The gnats can be a pain to deal with. GL

This is my new problem! I have 2 potted plants and the one on the left has that white cotton looking mold growing. If you look at my gallery you can see my enclosure. iI have rocks ontop of the soil in both pots but the one on the left has the mold spreading through the rocks??? like stated before looks like cotton pulled apart? I mist 3 times a day and have a dripper that doesnt get into that pot? what am i doing wrong? I have it outside in the sun drying out right now? will bleach kill the plant if i mix some up in water and spray it?

Remove the first Inch of soil, Repot with freash clean soil. the air around the pothos plant is becoming stagnant, allowing mold to grow.

Good air flow will prevent mold spores from settling. Mold is invetable, just lower the amount of water the pothos plants, allow dry out times inbetween waterings, that will be your best way to avoid mold.

Back
Top Bottom