Plant lights

This is the 6500k pool bulb that was referenced. I have not pulled the snap ring out to get to the leds themselves but, the ones used have two versions, a 70 cri and 80 cri. The paper included in the box lists the cri @ >85 so theoretically they are using the 80 cri version. Certainly a bit less cri then @cyberlocc is looking for in his diy build but in person there isn't much, if any, noticeable color difference between my bushes outside and the ones in this cage. One thing I will caution like I did in Lola's build thread, watch the temps below the bulb because the fan blows down. Not necessarily a bad thing but needs to be watched for when setting up with them. I am watching a side effect from this with Lola atm and tbh, it was rather unexpected but interesting to me. For $29 I am more then pleased with the performance of them so far though I would suggest a mix of the 6500k and 3000k versions if you want flowering to occur. That being said, I am keeping up with the higher cri build that is being worked on for another enclosure.

20180830_191058_HDR-1.jpg 20180829_200353-1-1-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom