Plant lighting

Phimuhammad206

I've been trying to look around for lights that would work best for reptiles and plants cause I don't think just a standard UVB bulb will allow the plant to grow healthy. Is there anything you guys recommend? I was trying to do some research and see if grow bulbs would be safe for the chameleon but I couldn't find anything. What do you guys do to keep both the plants and chameleon happy?

thats a good price.

Precisely why I use these fixtures. It doesn't matter whether you use the Arcadia bulbs or the ReptiSun bulbs, It is still a great price for a good fixture. As I have said, I have used these for my chams and used them over aquariums for YEARS before that. Some people talk bad about them because their Metal Halide fixtures have been known to have problems, but I have heard of virtually NO problems with the T5's and I have had no issues with them in all this time. I am even using their 2 bulb fixtures for my baby rearing room.

yes, theres nothing specific with that light its just the visual light spectrum of the light itself, so should be able to find it in any size you need.

Yup. It is a must for plants. Most of us here use them. It is basically a full spectrum bulb and is quite beneficial not just to the plants, but also for the Cham.

adding to this its a nice and simple way to brighten up the enclosure too especially if they are T5's and do wonders with plants

hmm not sure, id like to say no and that your probably safe with anything you can find locally. my plant light has 2200 lumens

I think it would be VERY hard to have too many lumens. I have four T5 bulbs over all of my chams and I would like to go brighter. These are animals that naturally live in bright sunlight their entire lives and are well adapted to bright light. I don't think you could fit more 8 bulbs over a typical cage and I still don't think that would be too bright for the chams, though the cost to you would be unwarranted (purchase price and electricity).

Back
Top Bottom