Plant light

PoseidonTheChameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
I know I haven't been on here in quite some time, I've had a lot going on. I've procrastinated buying a grow light for a while. I don't really have $100 to spend on a jungle dawn right now as I would like but my plants are desperate for something, this link is just one I came across and was hoping someone knowledgeable could look at and tell me if it will work, I'm not sure if there are things I need to watch out for when buying grow lights or not and I'm scared about buying anything that im not totally sure on. Thank you for your time.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/SANSI-24-W...roponic-LED-Grow-Light-Bulb-1-Bulb/5001760001

Oooh okay I misunderstood the previous post, so these are just plant lights?
Ok so yes and no. The bulb that comes with these T5 fixtures is for plants. You can still use the fixture with a T5 UVB bulb though...

There are no uvb bulbs that are also plant bulbs. There are UVB bulbs that are also heat bulbs but these are unstable and should never be used for chams in cages. And only should be used with a solarmeter to tell the UVI output. They are high heat and high UVI. Better for free ranges when used correctly.

Ok so yes and no. The bulb that comes with these T5 fixtures is for plants. You can still use the fixture with a T5 UVB bulb though...

There are no uvb bulbs that are also plant bulbs. There are UVB bulbs that are also heat bulbs but these are unstable and should never be used for chams in cages. And only should be used with a solarmeter to tell the UVI output. They are high heat and high UVI. Better for free ranges when used correctly.
Okay so if I buy it as is I can use it for my plants? I’m sorry I’m so confused

HEY SUPER CHEAP LIGHTS.

So grow lights make a difference for plants, this is true. However plants aren't our primary goal, we just want them to grow.

On that note. I found shop lights at wallmart. $18. Make sure they are the 5500 lumen. Not 3200. They also carry one for $35 but it has a motion detector which you don't need.
Back it the day I always used shop lights. The was T8 then. If you know what bulbs to combine I grew tons of aquarium plants. One they went to T5 and LED there were better options. But now it is catching up. People want bright white lights in their shop. Lucky us. They are just a standard shop light so they are marketed for brightness, not spectrum. So it says 5500lumins and does not mention K or spectrum. This is going to follow true on all LEDs. The color is what we want, unless you are actually trying to grow and flower plants the "Plant" lights aren't fully necessary. I have been waiting for it to catch up, I knew it would. What happens is that it turns out people like natural daylight too, so the market is now producing this spectrum, It is just not listed on the box. When marked to plant people the adjust some colors for optimal growing, the blues and reds, but we as keepers don't want this anyway. I am currently running 3 of them in a line over 7 planted natural snake enclosures, with the lights 18 to 20 inches above the tops of the plants and I am getting great growth. I added a new vine plant, and within two days all leaves had turned up to the light and I could see ne growth . Hope this helps.

HEY SUPER CHEAP LIGHTS.

So grow lights make a difference for plants, this is true. However plants aren't our primary goal, we just want them to grow.

On that note. I found shop lights at wallmart. $18. Make sure they are the 5500 lumen. Not 3200. They also carry one for $35 but it has a motion detector which you don't need.
Back it the day I always used shop lights. The was T8 then. If you know what bulbs to combine I grew tons of aquarium plants. One they went to T5 and LED there were better options. But now it is catching up. People want bright white lights in their shop. Lucky us. They are just a standard shop light so they are marketed for brightness, not spectrum. So it says 5500lumins and does not mention K or spectrum. This is going to follow true on all LEDs. The color is what we want, unless you are actually trying to grow and flower plants the "Plant" lights aren't fully necessary. I have been waiting for it to catch up, I knew it would. What happens is that it turns out people like natural daylight too, so the market is now producing this spectrum, It is just not listed on the box. When marked to plant people the adjust some colors for optimal growing, the blues and reds, but we as keepers don't want this anyway. I am currently running 3 of them in a line over 7 planted natural snake enclosures, with the lights 18 to 20 inches above the tops of the plants and I am getting great growth. I added a new vine plant, and within two days all leaves had turned up to the light and I could see ne growth . Hope this helps.
Thanks for sharing this as well!

I know I haven't been on here in quite some time, I've had a lot going on. I've procrastinated buying a grow light for a while. I don't really have $100 to spend on a jungle dawn right now as I would like but my plants are desperate for something, this link is just one I came across and was hoping someone knowledgeable could look at and tell me if it will work, I'm not sure if there are things I need to watch out for when buying grow lights or not and I'm scared about buying anything that im not totally sure on. Thank you for your time.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/SANSI-24-W...roponic-LED-Grow-Light-Bulb-1-Bulb/5001760001
That's the second most powerful LED flood that Sansi makes. It sells for $23 on their site and elsewhere, and coupons are available for all Sansi's lights.

The best I've found for chameleon enclosures is the 70W pad.
https://www.sansiled.com/70w-led-grow-light-full-spectrum.html
(Again, sales & coupons apply). I have 2 on my double-wide enclosure, and quite a few folks here have them as well.

They're much more efficient, and much cheaper in the long run (over 5 years) than T5s, and they don't contain mercury like T5s.

That's the second most powerful LED flood that Sansi makes. It sells for $23 on their site and elsewhere, and coupons are available for all Sansi's lights.

(Again, sales & coupons apply). I have 2 on my double-wide enclosure, and quite a few folks here have them as well.

They're much more efficient, and much cheaper in the long run (over 5 years) than T5s, and they don't contain mercury like T5s.
Thank you so much

Bump the 70w is absolutely amazing and cheaper than ever now that they have one with remote the classic is on sale

Bump the 70w is absolutely amazing and cheaper than ever now that they have one with remote the classic is on sale
Are you sure you're looking at the grow light version? They have a few versions in the same case, but I don't know that they all contain the same temperature LEDs.

Back
Top Bottom