Plant life for Chad

ldowney

You guys are so helpful! I've been getting a lot of feedback about things I'm doing right and things that need improvement. That being said, I need to replace the plastic plants with real ones but I'm not very good with plants. What are some recommendations for plant life that's great for my veiled chameleon and easy to take care of. What do I need to plant them in? I don't even know where to start and I don't want to start wrong again with all the contradictory info out there. Thanks much!

The easiest plants to start with are pothos, tradescantia zebrina and more pothos. It’s not on the list, but I also use heart leaf philodendron as it’s as easy and hardy as pothos. A great tall center plant is schefflera or a ficus benjamina (weeping fig), but you’ll need to provide a grow light for those.

Just want to echo the prior comments for pothos. It is your best friend as a new plant person truly...
They are very forgiving
once you get a little more comfortable with plants Hoya is an overlooked plant that likes smaller pots so it saves space can thrive in the chameleon conditions and tends to vine very well with leaves perfect for collecting mist or dew to drink. It may not flower in the chameleon enclosure but can grow really nice under our t5 and an led.

Just want to echo the prior comments for pothos. It is your best friend as a new plant person truly...
They are very forgiving
once you get a little more comfortable with plants Hoya is an overlooked plant that likes smaller pots so it saves space can thrive in the chameleon conditions and tends to vine very well with leaves perfect for collecting mist or dew to drink. It may not flower in the chameleon enclosure but can grow really nice under our t5 and an led.

They are very forgiving
And yet..it can bloom! Mine has a few blooms almost constantly.

Attachments

• Hoya bloom 8 22.jpg
    Hoya bloom 8 22.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom